    weights and machines, and I'd like to be able to photograph the more
    ridiculous "lifters". Of course my 20D or even my camera phone would be
    too conspicuous. Any suggestions?

    george, Feb 19, 2007

  2. george

    C J Campbell Guest

    Why?

    C J Campbell, Feb 19, 2007

  3. george

    george Guest

    Because I want to post the pics on a strength and power web forum.

    george, Feb 19, 2007
  4. Me thinks you're a homo. Doing this will get the shit kicked out of you or
    arrested. Maybe both if you're really lucky.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Feb 19, 2007
  5. george

    george Guest

    Dont be stupid please

    george, Feb 19, 2007
  6. george

    Mike Russell Guest

    Casio wrist camera - discontinued but still available here and there.
    http://www.3wheelers.com/elvis/index.html

    Mike Russell, Feb 19, 2007
  7. george

    dwight Guest

    dwight, Feb 19, 2007
  8. george

    C J Campbell Guest

    For what? Ridicule?

    Do we really need another place where people ridicule those who have offended
    them? Whatever happened to tolerance?

    C J Campbell, Feb 19, 2007
  9. george

    george Guest

    No, for our amusement. I'm not planning to ridicule weak lifters who are
    training right and observe gym etiquette. Tolerance?! If you are a
    serious lifter nothing can be more annoying than to have the squat rack
    perennially occupied by chicken-legged punks doing bicep curls. Or to
    hear idiots yelling and grunting when lifting puny weights. Or the
    cretins leaving the barbells loaded with plates for others to take off.

    george, Feb 19, 2007
  10. george

    george Guest

    george, Feb 19, 2007
  11. george

    jeremy Guest

    Yeah. I have a suggestion.

    Go get a life and stop invading people's privacy. It's people like you that
    give us photographers a bad reputation.

    PS:

    Ever hear of something called a Model Release?

    jeremy, Feb 19, 2007
  12. george

    jeremy Guest

    I hope you have good Errors and Omissions insurance, because you're likely
    to end up broke after one of your victims sues your butt.

    And who are YOU to go around ridiculing people over the Internet?

    jeremy, Feb 19, 2007
  13. george

    Phil Guest

    Whatever happened to tolerance regarding someone's earnest question
    even though it may be perceived as "offensive"? Is his query that
    outrageous as to be called on the carpet? And calling him a "homo"
    sure is classy.

    Whether we like it or not, many photographs have been taken of
    unsuspecting subjects - many to become fine art classics.

    It is my impression that the lifters are ridiculing themselves via
    their antics. Would I attempt to document it? I really don't know. It
    could possibly provide an interesting piece of work. We don't seem to
    mind exploiting, or accepting images of the down and out, or indigent,
    or helpless for "journalistic" or "art" photos, or "street shooting".
    Why hassle george?

    I see a lot of "kodak moment" photos here, and other places. Some make
    me cringe but it doesn't serve anyone, least of all myself, to
    criticize or gratuitously judge in a negative way.

    Let's not be tripping over our self- righteous indignation.

    -p

    Phil, Feb 19, 2007
  14. george

    george Guest

    Privacy in a public gym?

    george, Feb 19, 2007
  15. george

    george Guest

    "Victims?!" Now they're "victims" because they have their pictures taken
    while in public? And you can be sure that I will express my deepest
    admiration for their feats of strength when posting their gym pics. If
    others will laugh at them it is not my fault.

    george, Feb 19, 2007
  16. george

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Depends on the gym, I suppose. From
    <http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,57692,00.html>:

    All 24 Hour Fitness clubs post signs saying, "No filming,
    videotaping or photography is permitted in the club without the
    written permission of management," a company spokesman said.

    "The new camera-cell-phone combinations are no exception to this
    rule," he said.

    Paul Rubin, Feb 19, 2007
  17. george

    george Guest

    Chain gyms suck. Lots of lifters at our gym videotape their better lifts.

    george, Feb 19, 2007
  18. george

    snapper Guest

    snapper, Feb 19, 2007
  19. george

    george Guest

    george, Feb 19, 2007
  20. george

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Surreptitiously? I think this guy wants to photograph soap lifters,
    not weight lifters.

    Paul Rubin, Feb 19, 2007