    I could get up to San Fran, but would prefer not to if possible.

    Many thanks,

    Graham.

    Graham Russell, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Graham Russell

    Robertwgross Guest

    From Mountain View, you can go slightly north to Palo Alto. There, Keeble &
    Shuchat is a standard for pros. If you go slightly south to Campbell, San Jose
    Camera & Video can be found. I've bought from both places, and neither one is
    cheap.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Graham Russell

    Bob Salomon Guest

    Lots of good dealers:

    Keeble & Shuchat and Bear Images in Palo Alto, Cameras West is a nice
    trip to Monterey, Monterey Bay Photo near Aptos, Gasser in SF, etc.

    Bob Salomon, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Graham Russell

    Tom Thackrey Guest

    Personally I like to shop Keeble for selection and San Jose Camera for
    price.

    In order by distance from Mountain View

    San Jose Camera, Campbell - medium selection, good prices
    Kamera Korner, San Jose - small selection, some good prices
    Bear Images, Palo Alto - medium selection, ??? prices
    Keeble & Schuchat, Palo Alto - large selection, high prices
    Calumet, San Francisco - pro selection, pro prices
    Adolf Glasser, San Francisco - large selection, ??? prices

    Tom Thackrey, Jan 14, 2004
  5. I can't comment on Silicon Valley shops, but you might want to check out
    whether the warranty is USA only or world wide.

    Michael Meissner, Jan 15, 2004
  6. Graham Russell

    George Guest

    The best, professional type, camera shop in Silicon Valley is Keeble -
    Shuchat in Palo Alto...they actually have a consumer products building and a
    professional products building, a separate floor for darkroom, and a camera
    collection. For price, San Jose Camera in Campbell is worth a stop. Many
    folks also like Adolph Gasser in San Francisco but I have no personal
    experience with them. For used stuff, the Camera Club in Santa Cruz (over
    the mountains, on the coast) is worth a look...if you don't like it, the
    coast is quite photogenic. Enjoy.

    George, Jan 16, 2004