Camera choice for home portraits

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Al Browne, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Al Browne

    Al Browne Guest

    Hi.

    I want to buy a nice camera to take portraits at home, indoors.

    It would be nice if the camera has external flash ability.

    I would like the camera to have a black and white mode, and maybe even
    sepia if possible. I love the brown sepia tone.

    The kind of look I am trying to achieve is demonstrated in the
    following JPG images:

    http://www.scatlover.com/samples/samp1.jpg

    or:

    http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump404.jpg

    or even:

    http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump405.jpg

    Please suggest a camera or 2 that can do this.

    Al Browne, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Al Browne

    John Hughes Guest

    Obscene junk. Don't bother.

    John Hughes, Aug 6, 2003

  3. "

    Juan R. Pollo, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Al Browne

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Maybe some people are into this type of stuff : )

    Lucas Tam, Aug 7, 2003
  5. Al Browne

    james Guest

    In rec.photo.digital , several people went ahead and gave this idiot advice
    (he used the name Sarah in his/it's previous post) on using cameras in cold
    weather !! The main excuse given for not at least checking one of it's
    links was that someone someday might do a Google search and for cold weather
    photography and need the actual advice given. Maybe so, but, even
    responding like some did, just feeds idiot's like this.
    james

    james, Aug 7, 2003
  6. I could tell this was spam right off with "scat" in the website names.
    scatlover.com and a file name like "dump404.jpg" meant I was not even
    going to click on these links.

    Andrew McDonald, Aug 7, 2003
  7. Al Browne

    Jim White Guest

    I use MS Outlook. Never before have I had to search for the function which I
    believe lets me "Killfile" a twat like this. "Message/Block Sender" seems to
    have done it.
    I'll wait and see.

    Jim White, Aug 12, 2003
  8. Al Browne

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Aye, I think it's that one, though it's a long time since I used OE.
    your problem will come if he switches name or something. In Netscape you
    have sender or subject.

    Paul Heslop, Aug 12, 2003
  9. Al Browne

    Don Coon Guest