Calumet files Chapter 7

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Usenet Account, Mar 13, 2014.

  1. Usenet Account

    Sandman Guest

    Sandman, Apr 4, 2014

  2. Usenet Account

    Sandman Guest

    Only to "use with" Photoshop:

    Tony Cooper
    03/15/2014 03:13:30 PM <>

    "they can approve vendors as suppliers of plugins for
    Photoshop. The plugins on that page are evidently plugins
    that Adobe has approved for use with Photoshop."

    Only - you have never been able to provide any support for the approval
    process from Adobe for plugins to be "used with" Photoshop.

    You pointed to a process wherein Adobe approves to include the plug-in on
    their market place (titled "Photoshop Plug-ins" while none are authored by
    Adobe), but that failed to provide support for the claim that they approve
    the plugins "for use with Photoshop".

    Sandman, Apr 4, 2014

  3. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Finding one definition and basing your case on it is foolish.

    You can also find:

    1. to fail or refuse to notice; disregard

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ignore

    Synonyms include "overlook".

    There is no implication of "refusal to take notice" in "fail". There's
    a clear choice of meaning to use in this definition by the "or".

    Once again, it is a case of your inability to understand the idiomatic
    use of English. Using "ignore" to mean "overlook" or "didn't bring
    up" or "wasn't covered" is a common and idiomatic usage in English.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 4, 2014
  4. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Eric's meaning is clear, and not at all what you took from it. He is
    questioning whether or you are aware of your mistakes, not that you
    are posting spelling and grammar flames.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 4, 2014
  5. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

    You used the word in a way that is not idiomatic in English. The
    usage would not have been written by anyone who understands how the
    word is used.

    There is a difference that you don't seem to grasp between
    "inappropriate" and "incorrect". This is part of the reason you come
    out with these clangers in usage.

    An inappropriate usage can be a usage where the word just doesn't fit.
    It's wrong for the application. An incorrect usage is when the word
    is not just wrong for the application, but wrong enough to make the
    usage not understandable or misleading.

    It's a subtle difference, but one that people who seek to improve
    their language skills take heed of.

    I left the thread because I recognized that you have no interest in
    improving your English in this area. You would rather insist that
    your usage was appropriate than learn.

    I am not wounded by your intractability. I'm not even mildly
    distressed. If it's OK with you to continue to look foolish by
    insisting that the inappropriate is appropriate, that's your choice.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 4, 2014
  6. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I offer expert testimony: nospam, your midget tag team buddy. He's
    posted several times that Adobe has approved certain plug-ins for the
    "showcase".

    Tony Cooper, Apr 4, 2014
  7. Usenet Account

    Sandman Guest

    I know, he was trolling. I tried to keep him relevant.

    Sandman, Apr 4, 2014
  8. Usenet Account

    Sandman Guest

    This is an incorrect claim from you, as I have shown.
    Incorrect. And ironic to be coming from you.
    Luckily, I used the word appropriately, which I showed in my
    substantiation, which you snipped and ignored since you can't counter it.
    An ironic claim to come from you.
    I am very interested in improving my English. Your mistake is thinking
    you're proficient enough to teach anyone anything. You're the one that has
    made such hilarious comment such as:

    Tony Cooper
    11/27/2013 04:03:26 PM <>

    "A requirement is what you want to do."

    You're not seriously considering yourself in a position to teach anyone
    something about the usage of English words, now are you? This is just your
    attempt at being funny, right?
    Again, I am not the one looking foolish when I can support my argument and
    you can only snip it. But I understand your need for this to be the case,
    given the humiliation you've endured.

    Sandman, Apr 4, 2014
  9. Usenet Account

    Sandman Guest

    As opposed to "for use with Photoshop", which was your explicit and
    incorrect claim.

    Case closed? You made a mistake and you're now admitting to it? Would be
    the first time. Does he dare or will he just ignore this post? Nah, he may
    snip some embarrassing parts of it though.

    Sandman, Apr 4, 2014
  10. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I'm going to snip the rest of your reply because I see no reason for a
    point-by-point reply to a series of bogus rebuttals. You are one of
    those people without the intellectual capacity to meet concepts
    heretofore unknown to you and process them simply as new information.
    You approach them from the position that if you don't already know
    about them, they must be wrong.

    The word "need" is a word with a very wide range of meaning. There is
    always some understood qualifier to the word. We have needs where the
    qualifier is "basic", meaning that these are needs that are required
    to sustain life: food, oxygen, water, sleep, etc.

    Beyond those basic needs, we use qualifiers like "perceived" to
    indicate how important the needs are and how those needs are
    formulated within the mind. There is a range of perceived needs that
    are simply wants and desires that the individual formulates as "needs"
    in order to obtain what is wanted and desired under the guise of
    needing it or them.

    When we speak of "needing" something beyond our basic needs, there is
    always an unspoken qualification to that. We express the "need", but
    often leave unspoken the qualifier "so that I can...".

    Your need for a new hard drive is a perceived need, and the
    qualification is "so that I can store additional images". Actually,
    you simply want a new hard drive and you want to store those
    additional images, but in neither case is there a real need. You can
    do without both.

    This is how your perceived need correlates with "want". "I need..."
    is an attempt to justify a want as a necessity.

    We don't always externalize the conversion of a "want" to a "need",
    but - internally - that's always part of the process. It allows us to
    do things, and spend money, with a clear conscience when we know that
    there are other things we should be doing or spending our money on.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 4, 2014
  11. Usenet Account

    PeterN Guest

    Defending against what?

    Illness.
    Natural disasters
    Economic issues.
    thieves and scoundrels,

    Or is it only to fight when someone, not a native dares to step on the
    sacred soil.

    PeterN, Apr 5, 2014
  12. Usenet Account

    PeterN Guest

    Because the store manager is looking for along term relationship?

    While I was still in college I was interviewed for a sales position. The
    interviewer asked me to sell him a pencil. I answered "not if you don't
    need one.
    I was offered the job, on the spot.

    PeterN, Apr 5, 2014
  13. Usenet Account

    PeterN Guest

    Oh! I get it. As in ignore propositions that you don't agree with.
    understood/

    PeterN, Apr 5, 2014
  14. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

  15. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    not many of them do that.
    a completely meaningless anecdote.

    Guest, Apr 5, 2014
  16. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    apple is subject to a shitload of competition.

    Guest, Apr 5, 2014
  17. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    it doesn't.

    all you need to do is download the photoshop sdk, write whatever
    plug-in you want and offer it for sale. adobe doesn't even have to know
    about it.

    Guest, Apr 5, 2014
  18. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    no, because those apps are pretending to be photoshop to run the
    photoshop plug-ins (and usually do an incomplete job of it too).
    adobe doesn't care if you sell something called a photoshop plug-in or
    a plug-in for photoshop. anyone with a clue can see that's two ways to
    say the same thing.

    Guest, Apr 5, 2014
  19. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    there is.

    Guest, Apr 5, 2014
  20. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

    It's fine. The continuous mode shoots more fps than the D60, and that
    does help. Still, I don't go crazy with multiple shots. I average
    maybe three frames for a slide into home. Old film habits of
    conserving frames die hard.

    For sports shots, I use center weight, Single Area, and CL. And, RAW
    of course, and Manual (usually) and sometimes Speed but not that much.
    I haven't set up any Custom Shooting settings.

    My limitation is still glass. I can't get wide open enough to blur
    those backgrounds.

    For the baseball shots, I'm restricted to shooting "through the
    diamonds"...through the diamond-shaped openings in the chain link
    fence. That makes it hard to track action because part of that fence
    ends up graying out an area.

    While the fence is a problem in traversing the field, I rely mostly on
    anticipating where the action will be. If there's a runner on third,
    I'm framing and focusing on home plate before the pitch. I'm always
    ready for one base ahead of where the runner is. What I miss is
    infield action like a pop-up fly. I can't get the camera through the
    diamond quickly enough.

    One grandson is the catcher, so he's the subject of a lot of shots:
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Babe-Ruth-Baseball-2014/i-kg5bcvs/0/XL/2014-03-13-136-XL.jpg
    (That wasn't my grandson in the catcher shot above. That was one of
    our players sliding into home)

    The other grandson is the first baseman, and you can see him in the
    distance. Haven't got a good shot of him at first this year, but
    here's one of him at bat trying to avoid a bad pitch:
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Babe-Ruth-Baseball-2014/i-bv6bXLN/0/XL/2014-03-25-33-XL.jpg

    With a batter, I like to get the ball in the frame and press the
    shutter when the batter's forward shoulder drops or he starts to lean
    forward. That tells me that one of my three shots has a good chance
    of getting the ball in the frame. I don't even look at the pitcher or
    try to see the ball.

    Since the light changes quickly with late afternoon games, the ability
    to change the ISO with a top button is an advantage. The D300
    produces less grain at higher ISO than the D60, but neither is a good
    high ISO camera.

    I do not care for the multi-focus point settings, and stay with single
    area. When I tried the multi-focus point settings, I found too many
    images where the wrong part of the player was in focus and was trying
    to salvage bad shots. With single area, it's either sharp or not
    sharp.

    The baseball and barrel racing shots were all processed solely in LR.
    I shoot so many images in this type of situation that LR works OK. I
    try for images of all the team members, not just my two. But, I
    think I do a better job of post in CS. The barrel race arena was
    covered, so the lighting was very poor. No flash was used, of course.

    I changed the Subject to take us out of the silliness.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 5, 2014