  1. Usenet Account

    PeterN Guest

    I sure do.

    PeterN, Apr 4, 2014

  2. Usenet Account

    PeterN Guest

    It's not strange at all coming from a troll who seems to purchase items
    so he can brag about the cost, and not the output.

    PeterN, Apr 4, 2014

  3. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    the post office is a 24/7 operation. once it has shipped, it moves on
    sat/sun. in fact, a priority package mailed on saturday will arrive the
    following monday, which is actually 'next day' delivery, not the 2-3
    days that it is supposed to be.

    if a package goes ups/fedex it might sit for a day over the weekend but
    otherwise, it's moving. fedex ground states 5 business days to ship
    across the country, one day of which is processing at the local depot
    so it's really 4 days to make the journey, which means it *must* be
    moving over the weekend (or you got lucky and it went by air).

    the up to 7 business days simply means they're going to take their time
    processing the order and it might not ship it for a couple of days,
    which leaves around 5 days in transit. if you live near new york city,
    it will likely be just one day once mailed.
    7 business days is not two weeks. it's a little more than 1 week.
    they are also open on non-jewish holidays, including memorial day, july
    4th and thanksgiving (although usps/fedex/ups won't be).
    the orders i've placed from b&h come within 1-5 days, depending on the
    shipping option and how far it needs to travel. over the years, i've
    lived near and not so near to them. when i lived near to them, it was 1
    day no matter what option i chose.

    they must have a marker in your file to intentionally delay your order
    so that it takes two weeks.
    two weeks is much worse than normal. even amazon's free shipping is not
    that bad. i've never had any package take two weeks for domestic
    shipping. ever.
    it almost always is.
    usually it takes the most direct path, taking into account where the
    major sort facilities are.
    not only do i not live in sweden but i've never been to sweden.

    you continue to demonstrate just how incorrect you are.

    Guest, Apr 4, 2014
  4. Usenet Account

    PeterN Guest

    Please tell us how close to New York City "most people" live.
    I am still waiting for the answers to my many other questions. The
    expected response will be wither: what questions; or I already answered
    all of them; or they were irrelevant; or some variation of the above.

    PeterN, Apr 4, 2014
  5. Usenet Account

    PeterN Guest

    On 4/3/2014 9:50 AM, Mayayana wrote:
    Fortunately, there are still a few independent drug stores left. I don't
    mind paying several hundred dollars more a year for the service they give.

    PeterN, Apr 4, 2014
  6. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Sorry. Except for the lack of capitalization I can't tell you two
    apart.

    Do I reply to you or do I wait to reply to Popinjay who follows you
    like a midget tag team wrestler?

    Evidently, he doesn't think you can handle things by yourself.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 4, 2014
  7. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I dunno. Ask Popinjay. He's the one who said "only because the Apple
    Store is not a reseller of tablets". He thinks that's the only
    reason.

    But, wait. Aren't you the one who said an "honest" store would not
    try to sell you something you don't need. What if I only needed an
    $89 tablet? Many people get by with one. Are the Apple people not
    honest enough to say a tablet is all that is needed?
    Really? Who would have thought? Did you think this up by yourself?

    Tony Cooper, Apr 4, 2014
  8. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    i never said most people live close to new york. stop lying.

    since you do, you will get stuff within a day once the order is
    processed and it ships.
    reread what i wrote. the answers were given.

    Guest, Apr 4, 2014
  9. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    learn to read.

    there's a field in every post that says who authored it.

    Guest, Apr 4, 2014
  10. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    once again, there is no approval necessary to write and sell a
    photoshop plug-in and call it that, which is what a lot of companies
    do.

    there is approval for adobe to showcase a plug-in on their website but
    that's *completely* separate and not at all required.

    Guest, Apr 4, 2014
  11. Usenet Account

    Tony Cooper Guest

    To paraphrase one of your favorite terms: no one has said that any
    approval is required to write a plug-in to used with an Adobe product.

    What has been said is that the term "Photoshop Plug-in" is a
    misleading term. It implies that the plug-in is something Adobe has
    provided. It should be called "a plug-in for Photoshop".

    I know you'll be quick to say "Nobody does that". That doesn't negate
    that the term "Photoshop Plug-in" is wrong. It just shows that there
    are many people - including you - who have no respect for the
    proprietary rights to the word "Photoshop".

    Was it you, or your tag team buddy Popinjay, who said that state sales
    tax should be paid to the state by a purchaser of an online product
    when the seller did not charge tax, but nobody does that? At least
    you recognize that this circumvents the law.

    You wouldn't have any trouble recognizing that someone advertising
    "Ford tires" is not selling tires made by Ford and that what they are
    advertising are "tires for a Ford". Why you don't see "Photoshop
    Plug-in" as the same is beyond me.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 4, 2014
  12. Usenet Account

    Sandman Guest

    ignore
    verb
    refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally

    Sandman, Apr 4, 2014
  13. Usenet Account

    Sandman Guest

    I am not claiming the term doesn't exist, I am correctly pointing out that
    "perceived need" has nothing to do with "want".

    Your claim above:

    "we want it because we think we need it"

    Is incorrect. I posted four examples to illustrate this, which is why you
    cowardly snipped them out instead of trying to show how the examples didn't
    illustrate scenarios where there was a percieved need but lack of "want".
    So there *IS* a "actually do need it", then? In spite of you questioning
    that claim from me above with who decides that? Funny, ey?
    This is a correct statement from you.
    No I didn't. I just told you the exact opposite of this above, why are you
    lying about my motives?
    No I didn't. Why are you making these incorrect claims about my actions
    about which I have already made my motives clear? I did NOT buy the Petzval
    due to a requirement (=need) that needed to be fulfilled. I bought it
    solely based on a desire (=want) to own it for the "cool" effect of it. I
    had no clients that had asked for it.
    That can happen, but that need is more likely to be externally influenced
    by those marketers rather than created by ourselves.

    I.e. we may have a desire to create stunning photographs, and that may lead
    to us thinking that we need a good DSLR camera. That's percieved need since
    it is born out of ignorance - we think we need it because we don't know
    better. The marketers may use this perceived need in order to amplify this
    and point us to the largest high-end DSLR they have available and pamper to
    our percieved need to make us spend more.

    In the end - the customer doesn't want to buy a Nikon D4, or even a D610
    which may be what he thought from the beginning. It turns out that in order
    to satisfy his desire, a Fuji X-Pro1 would have been more than sufficient.

    See how the percieved need has absolutely no relation to the persons wants?
    Again, I'll give you one million dollars if you can quote me saying what
    you claimed I said. Please be a man here and retract your claim about what
    I have said. If for no other reason to make it clear that you understand
    that you made a mistake - perhaps it will make you think twice in the
    future.

    Sandman, Apr 4, 2014
  14. Usenet Account

    Sandman Guest

    No, not that I'm aware of. Tony incorrectly thought I had used the word
    "onslaught" inappropriately, but failed to show how, and I have since
    substantiated that I was using it correctly - which is when he quietly left
    the thread to lick his wounds.

    Sandman, Apr 4, 2014
  16. Usenet Account

    Sandman Guest

    By what posts where I posted grammar and spelling flames, Eric?

    Sandman, Apr 4, 2014
  17. Usenet Account

    Sandman Guest

    Because... it is your position that there are none? I just want to make
    this perfectly clear that Eric Stevens want me to substantiate the
    existence of online sales help because it is YOUR counter-claim that no
    such service exists anywhere?

    Is this correct? I mean, there would be no need for me to substantiate this
    if you don't actually think none exists, so I just want to be sure that
    your position is that none exists and it is my job to susbstantiate its
    existence (which I'm more than happy to do, of course).

    Sandman, Apr 4, 2014
  18. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    calling something a photoshop plug-in is not infringing. it is, after
    all, a photoshop plug-in. it does not in any way mean it was authored
    by adobe.

    Guest, Apr 4, 2014
  19. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    other than you, but you backpedaled on that.
    nonsense. the two terms are interchangeable. there is *no* implication
    that a 'photoshop plug-in' is authored by adobe. you made that up.
    it's not wrong, and in both cases, the word photoshop is used.

    Guest, Apr 4, 2014
  20. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    plenty of places sell apple products, including best buy and walmart,
    two huge retail outlets in the usa. there are other stores in other
    countries that sell apple products. heck there are even vending
    machines that sell apple products.

    as for the price controls, what the stores often do is include other
    stuff, like gift cards, printers, carrying case, etc., to spice up the
    deal.

    and of course, there are all the non-apple products being sold.

    there is *plenty* of competition.

    Guest, Apr 4, 2014