    thanks in advance to anyone that tries to persuade me of the merits of
    one over the other, but this is just about the actual question. I may
    even think of double-forwarding through both ...

    andy, May 4, 2006

  2. andy

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I've called Sipgate from Skype and it was ok. Can't do it the other way
    round as I have no need for an incoming Skype number, they want too much
    money for it anyway. I only had the Skype Out credit as it was a free
    giveaway of 20p or so (no expense spared, Skype..!) one day.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 5, 2006

  3. andy

    andy Guest

    Thanks. I've got the same few pence and tried a couple of outgoing pstn
    calls. I have the same dilemma about the Skype incoming number, which
    is why I wondered about the likely quality before sending a few quid
    each to them and perhaps one of the Finarea companies. If it's ok it
    may save about 6p to 8p per minute on some mobile calls, unless thay
    change tariff, so depends how much use I'll make

    andy, May 5, 2006
  4. andy

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I prefer a SIP account and a dedicated device with ordinary phones
    connected. That way you don't have to have a PC switched on. It's not so
    bad for outgoing calls I suppose but you don't want to be tied to a PC to
    receive incoming calls.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 5, 2006
  5. andy

    andy Guest

    Nor me - rather than sit at the PC, I was looking at call diversion of
    the Skype number - while abroad in fact

    andy, May 5, 2006