    If so what is (in ypur opinion) the best?

    Mant thanks
    Karl

    Beds, Aug 28, 2006

  2. Voipfone have a service where you dial a london number and it uses the
    CLID from your phone to reference your account.

    As soon as you get through it gives you another dialtone to make calls
    with at their usual rates. (1.1p/min for USA).

    There are other services where you dial a voip mobile number, but they
    are only covered by inclusive minutes on some networks.

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 28, 2006

  3. Beds

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Try asking in uk.telecom.mobile.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 28, 2006
  4. Beds

    paul123 Guest

    You could call for nearly free. With Asterisk (Trixbox would be easier)
    you could setup a UK number (free from sipgate or orbtalk) to dial into
    and give yourself a dialtone based on your callerID. Then you could
    dial the States for up to 300 minutes a week free on the Betamax
    companies. 1 eurocent/min thereafter.

    You don't need a dedicated machine to do this as you could use
    nerdvittles vmware version of Trixbox (on an XP machine) which comes
    preconfigured with nearly all you want to do.

    Not necessarily the best solution, but dead cheap.

    paul123, Aug 29, 2006
  5. Beds

    eskdale Guest

    It seems today that they have removed the 300 minutes per week of free
    calls a real pain as I just added credit to get the free calls!

    eskdale, Aug 29, 2006
  6. Beds

    eskdale, Aug 29, 2006
  7. Beds

    eskdale, Aug 29, 2006
  8. Beds

    paul123 Guest

    Which site? I just checked voipbuster, voipdiscount, voipstunt,
    freecall and internetcalls - they ALL have the 300 minutes notice on
    each page AND they all have free calls to the USA (inc mobiles). I gave
    up after those 5......

    paul123, Aug 29, 2006
  9. Beds

    eskdale Guest

    Sorry it was VoipCheap that I use and it they have made all the calls
    that were free 1p/Minute on their rates page

    eskdale, Aug 30, 2006
  10. Beds

    Lone_star

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Lone_star, Aug 30, 2006
  11. Beds

    paul123 Guest

    Crikey! Sorry Eskdale. I've just been back to those sites and whilst it
    says free on the start page, the rates page states 1cent/min for the UK
    on all but voipdiscount. Bit sneaky imho.

    paul123, Aug 30, 2006
  12. I still like the look of the voiptalk service, admittedly you need to
    pay for the calls but their Ts and Cs appear to be more reliable than
    the Betamax companies.

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 30, 2006
  13. I still like the look of the voipfone service, admittedly you need to

    Thomas Kenyon, Aug 30, 2006