    any money, nor do I own a credit card.

    Hmm, I suppose I should be cautious, as somebody might offer me a
    IP destination, and then tap my call.

    jidanni, Dec 18, 2009

  2. I think, SJPhone (a softphone) though proprietary with a free and, or
    paid FreeWorldDialup FWD account is what you are looking for.

    Balwinder S Dheeman, Dec 19, 2009

  3. apt-get install ekiga

    Start ekiga, see if it configured itself correctly and dial

    Found ages ago via
    http://forum.voxilla.com/ipkall-support-forum/sip-tfn-toll-free-number-25180.html

    Havent't tested it in a while.
    Yes. Governments will tap the call anyway.

    Koos

    Koos van den Hout, Dec 19, 2009
  4. jidanni

    jidanni Guest

    Thanks. I found all I needed was to install asterisk, and change
    # diff -r /tmp/original /etc/asterisk
    diff -r /tmp/original/extensions.conf /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
    392a393
    diff -r /tmp/original/modules.conf /etc/asterisk/modules.conf
    53,54c53,54
    < noload => chan_alsa.so
    diff -r /tmp/original/sip.conf /etc/asterisk/sip.conf
    188a189,190
    Whereupon I could make calls using:

    jidanni, Jan 21, 2010