Calling experts... HELP! Is my camera faulty?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mr E.S., Dec 23, 2003.

  1. Mr E.S.

    Mr E.S. Guest

    Hi all,

    I just wondered if anylone who knows about digital cameras could help me please?

    I have just bought a 2megapixel camera and have printed a few photos out on my mid-range Epson C42UX.

    But, the pictures dont look as god as I thought they would and although I think it is the printer, I want to be able to eliminate the possibility of a dodgy camera.

    I took the pictures at 2 megapixlels with flash, (the top setting) I think the size is 1200 x 800 or something like that.
    I expected that if I print out the picture at A5 size on a good quality paper (I have tried Matt and glossy) it would look amazing, but it doesn't.

    Now, I need a favour.
    Is anyone willing to let me email a picture to you so that you can tell me your opinions and if it is of good quality or not.
    I dont expect you to print anything but I suppose some experts will know if the camera is to blame or the printer is just not good enough.

    I would very much appreciate the help and will only send a 356kb JPEG.

    My email addy is shown below but please remove the 'HELPME' from the address.

    Thanks in advance.

    Graham

    Mr E.S., Dec 23, 2003

  2. Mr E.S.

    steve Guest

    Why dont you post the photo to alt.binaries.photos.original instead?

    steve

    steve, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Mr E.S.

    clutch Guest

    How does your pic's look on your computer? Are you using a compressed
    mode in camera?

    Wes

    clutch, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Mr E.S.

    CSM1 Guest

    think it is the printer, I want to be able to eliminate the possibility of a
    dodgy camera.
    the size is 1200 x 800 or something like that.
    paper (I have tried Matt and glossy) it would look amazing, but it doesn't.
    your opinions and if it is of good quality or not.
    if the camera is to blame or the printer is just not good enough.
    The dimensions of a 2 MegaPixel image is normally 1600 X 1200. That is
    plenty good for at least a 6 X 4 print.

    CSM1, Dec 24, 2003