    Is the call still going through voip after I transfer the call to another
    number and then hang up?

    Thanks....

    Martin G.1.0, Nov 24, 2004

  2. I have a question about transferring a call with Vonage service.
    That's right.
    Hard to say, the call is going from the original caller to Vonage, and
    from Vonage back out to the third person, but you can't tell if
    there's a VoIP hop in there since it's not going over the net from
    Vonage to you.

    John R. Levine, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Martin G.1.0

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <41a4ca84$0$28842$> "Martin
    A caller only pays the bill from their location to the number they
    dialed. Period. Anything the recipient does with the call is up to the
    recipient (you, in this case)

    DevilsPGD, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Martin G.1.0

    Isaiah Beard Guest

    No they do not. Their phone company is concerned only with what number
    they terminated their call to (in this case your presumably-local
    number). Since Vonage is still handling the call routing to the
    long-distance leg of the call, your local caller's phone company is none
    the wiser.
    You are correct.

    Isaiah Beard, Dec 11, 2004