    anyone know how I might get this to work, other than putting a windows
    box directly on the internet?

    Thanks, Jerry

    Jerry, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Jerry

    XPD Guest

    Check exactly what ports it requires and make sure you arent blocking them I
    guess.... Ive got COD as well but havent tried online as yet.

    XPD, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    I don't have any ports blocked

    Jerry, Dec 25, 2003
  4. Jerry

    RecyclerMan Guest

    Although it is a bitch to work with you can map the port you are using
    on your client pc to the server (from the server) and then COD wont know
    the difference its called pinholing there is a kernal module loded up on
    start up but disabled in the firewall rules for quake this may be of
    some help the third option is bitch to the software devoloper as with
    adsl and the like most places will be firewalled and ipmasq'ed soon as
    many people take advantage of many computers using the net....:)

    there was some helpful help on this matter on kazzalite on the topic of
    using kazza behind a router not that I actualy use kazzalight :)

    Robert

    RecyclerMan, Dec 25, 2003
  5. Jerry

    BackToNormal Guest

    I run it on a 56k modem. Try the xtra servers?
    Cheers
    Dane

    BackToNormal, Dec 25, 2003
  6. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Some time ago I had Zone Alarm on this machine, I never unstalled it,
    but ages ago took it out of the start up. If I start Zone Alarm
    before running COD in connects just fine. Got the kid all happy now,
    but does anyone know WTF is happening here? I wouldn't have thought
    turning a firewall ON would solve the problem. Whatever works I
    guess...

    Jerry

    Jerry, Dec 26, 2003
  7. Jerry

    -[Myth]- Guest

    works fine for me through a router, the trick is to use The All Seeing Eye
    and launch games from there, rather than using the in-game browser.

    -[Myth]-, Dec 26, 2003