CALL MANAGER EXPRESS NETWORK PLANNING

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by cricket, Mar 31, 2005.

  1. cricket

    cricket Guest

    Hi all:

    We are planning to install a little Call Manager Express solution based on
    a star topology:

    - 1760 Router on central node.
    - Cisco IP Telephone on central node.
    - ATA-186 on remote node 1.
    - ATA-186 on remote node 2.

    We are worry about switches especifications. We want not to invest too
    much in switch if it´s not really necessesary...

    * Do we need specific CISCO switches for the solution to work fine?
    * Must switches comply with any specific protocol? 802.1p? 802.1q?
    * Do we need to configure switches?

    We have some experience with Call Manager solution based on similar
    topology and including CISCO switches (C2940-8TF-S on remote nodes and
    C3550-24-SMI on central node). System works fine and we didn´t need to
    config anything on the switches...

    Thanks for your attention

    Mensaje enviado desde www.recursosvoip.com
    http://www.recursosvoip.com/newsg/