Call Manager Cluster upgrade to 3.3.3 version problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by misiob, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. misiob

    misiob Guest

    Hello

    Today I was trying to upgrade our CCM Call Manager Cluster
    from 3.3.2 to 3.3.3 version. Unfortunately following problem
    has occured.

    When I was trying upgrade subscriber (after I install CCM 3.3.3
    on publisher) I got following error message:

    Failure occurred trying to get DBNAME value from registry. Aborting
    Cisco CallManager installation.

    I suppose that I have made mistake rebooting publisher before
    upgrading subscriber. I have noticed in SQL enterprise manager
    that on publisher there is two databases : CCM300 and CCM301.
    Only CCM301 is published

    On subscriber there is only subscription of CCM300. Now I see that
    IP telephony system works but I can't proceed instalation on subscriber.

    Has anybody any experience regarding that problem. Maybe there is
    any solution to that problem. I hope that installing subscriber
    will not be necessary. So If you know any solution, please
    advice me what I should do.

    If you need more information I will provide it to you as soon
    as possible

    Please note that I don't have knowledge about MS SQL server.

    Thanks in advance
    Michal

    misiob, Apr 8, 2004

  2. misiob

    Rik Bain Guest

    CallManager will increment the DB by 1 on each upgrade, so that is why
    you see the CM301 on the pub. Take a look at the ccminst.log file and
    see if you can get more insight into the failure. Perhaps it is a name
    resolution problem???

    Rik Bain

    Rik Bain, Apr 9, 2004

  3. misiob

    misiob Guest

    Hello,

    Rik you could have right because I have noticed that "wonderful tool"
    called
    Cisco Database Helper shows wrong name assigned to subscriber.

    But I have checked LMHOSTS file and there is correct entries for
    exmaple:

    10.81.1.8 TORCCM01 -our publisher
    10.81.1.9 TORCCM02 -our subscriber

    Database Helper shows following information

    TORCCM01 10.81.1.8
    TORCCM01 10 81.1.9

    There is a follwing comment

    Duplicate server found. Don't process.

    I have opened TAC case too. They told me to change DBNAME key to
    CCM301 (new database on publisher) in registry on subscriber.
    Unfortunately It doesn't help.

    It really might be name resolution problem. But how to repair this?

    Regards
    Michal

    misiob, Apr 9, 2004