Call Divert - Sipura SPA-3000

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Mar 1, 2006.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    I put this question up on Voxilla and, depite over 40 viewings no one
    has posted a reply. I am beginning to think that the forward call
    settings page on the Sipura SPA-3000 is just for show.

    "I have an SPA-3000.
    Under the User tab there are various options for call forwarding.
    However none of them work. It really doesn't matter what I enter into
    the settings calls are still diverted to my main provider's voicemail.
    The only thing I am able to set is 'Cfwd No Ans Delay:'. Even so, only
    then, if I make an entry into the 'Cfwd No Ans Dest:' and 'Cfwd Busy
    Dest:'. The entry can be anything 'x' for example or 'my_aunt_Agatha'
    - it makes no difference.
    Similarly the 'Selective Call Forward Settings' settings don't work
    either.
    I want to be able to divert to another SIP destination. On the Sipura
    web site it gives a typical syntax similar to [email protected]
    I want to do a similar thing but to either another gateway or enter a
    SIP address in some way.
    Whatever I enter into the settings it does absolutely NOTHING!
    What am I missing here?

    Anyone here have any answers?
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Mar 1, 2006

  2. Brian A

    David Floyd Guest

    It does work, but your provider has to provide the service. There are
    two calls being made, one to your SPA3000 and one out. Voip.co.uk don't
    provide for that.

    It does work on the SPA3000 because I use to have a number/line with
    JustDustVoIP until they pulled the plug. They did provide this service
    and the SPA3000 system worked as expected. It might work in Sipgate as I
    think you can multiple calls with them.

    David

    David Floyd, Mar 2, 2006

  3. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    Thanks for the comments David. However, despite that, why doesn't it
    work when I direct the call to a gateway that isn't voip.co.uk?
    For example, if I receive a call on voip.co.uk why can't I transfer
    that to a number on a Sipgate gateway? So, if Sipgate is on gw1 why
    can't I direct the call to [email protected] ?
    On the Sipura site it does mention a similar divert syntax to gw0 (I
    assume PSTN) for the User1 tab.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Mar 2, 2006