    "Conservatives don't have contempt for people other than those
    liberals ..."
    Blaming liberals again while lying about it.

    Ray Fischer, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Omega

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Still you. You think that lying to people shows respect.

    Ray Fischer, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Omega

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Sept. 17Ñ As residents in the path of Hurricane Isabel are
    preparing for the storm, so is the American Red Cross. The
    organization is getting ready to set up shelters, hand out bottled
    water, feed and clothe those who need it. But even as the Red
    Cross prepares for disaster, the charity is facing one of its own.
    Its disaster relief fund is empty.

    ABC News

    As usual, propaganda replaces truth in the conservative mind.

    Ray Fischer, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Omega

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    So, fire victims in So.Cal suddenly become people
    "unwilling to work"?
    I believe the "system" is called DEMOCRACY, but I
    understand that some people may not like it...

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 2, 2003
  5. Omega

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    You see, that's why the have invented DEMOCRACY, so
    that the way public money is spent is not decided by a small
    group of rich people ("oligarchy") but by the MAJORITY of
    people, regardless of race, social state and other considerations.
    That, of course, implies that not always a certain group of people
    agrees with how taxpayer, but that's the nature of democracy.

    Actually that's exactly what America stands for, but I understand
    that some people may not like it.

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 2, 2003
  6. Omega

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    I'm sure a lot more than you assume...
    Those damn sons of the devil...;-)
    Absolutely not.
    Nobody takes money "by force." That's why the have invented
    DEMOCRACY. Obviously in a democracy not everyone may
    agree with the decisions of the MAJORITY.

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 2, 2003
  7. Omega

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    My news editor cut a piece of the following paragraph, let me
    repost it (sorry for the trouble) :

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 2, 2003
  8. Omega

    Azzz1588 Guest

    WE dont live in a pure democracy stupid !!

    BTW, why dont you just go back to that rat hole of a country you
    came from ??

    Azzz1588, Nov 2, 2003
  9. I see you didn't say what money/time you have given to the poor. :)

    Actually, anyone who has been involved with the Red Cross knows that
    it is a huge, bloated, horribly inefficient bureaucracy that wastes far more
    of its contributions than the needy ever see. The shameful fiasco over the
    9/11 money was typical, it was just large and visible enough that people
    noticed. Do you remember the scandal when the Red Cross executives
    were squandering millions of dollars of contributions on private jets for
    themselves? When I was in the military, all of the military personnel I
    knew who had been present at any disasters where the Red Cross 'helped'
    hated the Red Cross with a real passion, because the 'help' was invariably
    ridiculously little. My house burned down while I was in the military.
    Every article of clothing I owned, except for the clothes I was wearing,
    was gone. The help I received from the individual military people was
    incredible. But when (on suggestion) I contacted the Red Cross about
    help, they said they didn't think so, but that they *might* be able to *loan*
    me a little money. I wanted to ask them if the contributors had *loaned*
    them the money, but instead I walked out. When I related this to military
    friends, they almost invariably laughed and said something like "What did
    you expect? The Red Cross is a money hole, you will never see anything
    from them."

    Judson McClendon, Nov 3, 2003
  10. Fine, how much?
    Fine, how much?
    Really? Then why are there serious prison sentences on the law books
    for 'tax evasion'? Perhaps you don't call threat of imprisonment 'force',
    but I suspect 99.999% of the rest of humanity does.

    Okay, *HOW MUCH*?

    Judson McClendon, Nov 3, 2003
  11. Omega

    Rafe B. Guest

    Taxes are the price for living in a civilized society.

    Tell me, how do you get to work each day?

    The force you speak of only applies if you attempt to
    break the rules and are caught at it. Just like for most
    other crimes. No force obtains unless or until you break
    the law. It's part of what holds society together.

    If we were all saints, maybe we wouldn't need laws.
    Until we evolve as a species beyond our current
    (abysmal) state of morality, I don't see much of an
    alternative. Do you?

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Rafe B., Nov 3, 2003
  12. Omega

    Sloopy Guest

    Time to reboot your brain. It has crashed.

    -Sloopy

    Sloopy, Nov 3, 2003
  13. Omega

    Ray Fischer Guest

    I didn't see the word "pure" anywhere in what he wrote.
    Are you illiterate, dishonest, or stupid?

    Ray Fischer, Nov 3, 2003
  14. Omega

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Nor did I report on Friday's NASDAQ close or the current distance to
    Mars. That's because none was relevant. The point is that charitable
    contributions ARE NOT ENOUGH.
    And so the right-wing idiot blames others. It's a pattern.
    Everything is always somebody else's fault. You get to be selfish and
    greedy and hypocritical because (here it comes) IT ALWAYS SOMEBODY
    ELSE'S FAULT.

    Ray Fischer, Nov 3, 2003
  15. Omega

    Witheld Guest

    You sir are a complete twit and therefore have the
    dubious distinction of entering my kill file .
    Adios!

    Witheld, Nov 3, 2003
  16. Omega

    Tom Potter Guest

    I am pleased to see that George Kerby
    likes my work.

    However, I would like to see him answer the questions
    directed to him,
    so the readers can see if he is an "artist",
    a "wankie", a "bushwhacker",
    or just an immature, mixed-up boy.

    Tom Potter, Nov 3, 2003
  17. Omega

    Tom Potter Guest

    I am pleased to see that "cultural neanderthal"
    and "George Kerby" appreciate great works of art.

    I trust that as they are exposed to more
    sophisticated works of art, that they will
    begin to grasp the messages inherent in fine art,
    and not just be dazzled by lines and colors.

    Tom Potter, Nov 3, 2003
  18. Omega

    Tom Potter Guest

    I am pleased to see that "cultural neanderthal"
    seems to grasp the fact that I was:
    "washing out the mouth" of the poster
    with my repetition of his "wankie" phrase,
    or rubbing his nose in the shit he posted.

    To train dogs, and lower order animals,
    you need to call their attention to their acts,
    and get them to reflect on how such acts
    affect their situation. For example,
    using a word like "wankie" might be acceptible
    in trailer parks, and high school locker rooms,
    but the use of such language in board rooms,
    media, or corporate offices
    creates a negative image of the user.

    Hopefully, when young boys have their
    noses rubbed in their words,
    they will grow up,
    and begin to learn how to communicate
    at a more intelligent level.

    Tom Potter, Nov 3, 2003
  19. Omega

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    All of them, I guess...;-)

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 3, 2003
  20. Omega

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    I'm sorry, this is none of your business
    and it has no place in this discussion.
    Look a DEMOCRACY must enforce its rules,
    it's part of the game: the majority rules and the
    minority HAS to comply. Or else a democracy
    can't work. I know you don't like it, you made it
    abundantly clear. I guess you think it's much better
    when the rich can do whatever they want with their
    money and nobody "forces" them to pay for anything
    they don't like. It has been tried. I believe it was
    called the "middle age." Not a very successful
    experiment...

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 3, 2003