    BRITISH COLUMBIA INCLUSIVE.

    I'm not yelling just copying and pasting

    --

    Pennywise, Jun 15, 2005

  2. Whoa.

    I've never seen a tsunami warning, before.

    I'm probably less than 50 feet above sea level, in Los Angeles, but I
    have the Santa Monica Mountains between me and the water. The L.A.
    basin itself doesn't have the latter, but I'm in The Valley.

    Naturally, I have nothing to fear, being a shark; the above is just raw
    data. :)

    Expected time for SF hit (if any tsunami generated) was about 17
    minutes ago. Wonder when event time was/is for L.A.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Pennywise

    Pat Guest

    Update:

    WEPA41 PAAQ 150409
    TSUWCA

    TO - TSUNAMI WARNING SYSTEM PARTICIPANTS IN
    ALASKA/BRITISH COLUMBIA/WASHINGTON/OREGON/CALIFORNIA
    FROM - WEST COAST AND ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER/NOAA/NWS
    SUBJECT - TSUNAMI WARNING BULLETIN - FINAL (CORRECTED COPY)
    BULLETIN NUMBER 2
    ISSUED 06/15/2005 AT 0409 UTC

    ....THE TSUNAMI WARNING AND WATCH STATUS IS CANCELED FOR
    CALIFORNIA - OREGON - WASHINGTON - BRITISH COLUMBIA - AND
    ALASKA...

    EARTHQUAKE DATA
    PRELIMINARY MAGNITUDE - 7.4
    LOCATION - 41.4N 125.6W - 85 MILES NW OF EUREKA-CA.
    300 MILES NW OF SAN FRANCISCO-CA.
    TIME - 1851 ADT 06/14/2005
    1951 PDT 06/14/2005
    0251 UTC 06/15/2005

    WATER LEVELS REMAIN NORMAL AT ALL COASTAL SITES.
    NO WAVE HAS BEEN DETECTED.

    Pat, Jun 15, 2005
  4. I guess I can take down the Pacific coast real estate for sale signs
    from my yard now.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 15, 2005
  5. Pennywise

    Parko Guest

    Being an Aussie, I'd be inclined to surf it.

    Parko, Jun 15, 2005
  6. Being a shark, I'd be inclined to consider you dinner. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 15, 2005
  7. Pennywise

    neville Guest

    Its only because I was in bed that I missed this.

    neville, Jun 15, 2005
  8. Pennywise

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Blinky the Shark mused:

    | but I'm in The Valley.

    You're so bloody posh!

    mhicaoidh, Jun 16, 2005
  9. Pennywise

    DC Guest

    Surf n turf? }:O)

    DC, Jun 16, 2005
  10. Pennywise

    B.U.G. Guest

    Run REGEDIT and go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY\TSUNAMI
    Change the value from 1 to 0 and you'll be safe.

    B.U.G., Jun 17, 2005
  11. Pennywise

    dwacon Guest

    Thinking of buying beach-front property in Arizona?

    --
    The Runaway Bride...
    http://www.cafepress.com/dwacon/601709

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0524-5, 06/17/2005
    Tested on: 6/17/2005 6:49:35 PM

    dwacon, Jun 17, 2005
  12. Pennywise

    clot Guest

    With all these duff predictions of recent, I think we need to ask the
    North Wales Guru to help us, (Neville). He's been doing some deep
    research as to why the planet is so unstable.

    At the moment, I'm trying to contact Anthony Hopkins about purchasing a
    plot close to the summit of Snowdon: I'm only 200m above sea level!

    clot, Jun 18, 2005
  13. Pennywise

    clot Guest

    I suspect with all these hopeless weather predictions that seem to have
    happened in the US recently you need to keep a close eye on Neville's
    forecasts. He's been spot on for UK forecasts

    clot, Jun 18, 2005
  14. Pennywise

    dwacon Guest

    While your at it... get his fava bean recipe. Sluuurp.

    - -
    Give Dad the BEST Father's Day Ever!
    http://www.dwacon.com/holidays/fathers_day.html

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0524-5, 06/17/2005
    Tested on: 6/17/2005 7:15:30 PM

    dwacon, Jun 18, 2005
  15. Pennywise

    Pennywise Guest

    |>Thinking of buying beach-front property in Arizona?

    Something to think about, not only does he have the quakes to worry
    about http://drudgereport.com/quake.htm

    There's also a volcano watch :)
    http://lvo.wr.usgs.gov/Current_Conditions.html

    Pennywise, Jun 18, 2005
  16. It's getting bouncy out here. Since Sunday (it's Friday), there have
    been four 5+ quakes in unrelated areas -- two just off the coast and
    two inland. The last two were yesterday, about 1 PM and maybe 11 PM.
    The two inland quakes haven't been near any built-up areas; there's a
    LOT more California wilderness than there is LA/SF/SD.
    Up by Yosemite.

    There's always something. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 18, 2005