    kindest regards,

    Jeffrey Kusters
    MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA

    Jeffrey Kusters, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Jeffrey Kusters

    A. Vargas Guest

    For subnetting you should use the equation ((2^n)-2)
    becuase all 0's identifies the subnet itself and all 1's
    (255) is the broadcast address. I also believe that DHCP
    uses the broadcast address. This is the way it is tested.

    A. Vargas

    A. Vargas, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Jeffrey Kusters

    Andy Foster Guest

    It *should* be 2^n, but be aware that they may use 2^n-2.
    You should not get any questions where you have to chose between them.
    If you did, it would almost certainly mention the RFC in question.

    HTH

    Andy

    Andy Foster, Oct 5, 2003