    using Windows98 - the one that I scrambled was Windows95 - any help or
    suggestions greatly appreciated.

    Chuck

    mort, Dec 15, 2003

  2. mort

    V W Wall Guest

    If the computer won't boot no interconnect will work.

    The easiest way is to put the hard drive from the old computer into the
    Win98 computer. Set it as slave. The BIOS and Windows should recognize
    it and allow access to any files on it, unless the old drive is defective.
    You will need to change the jumper on the old drive to "slave".

    Virg Wall

    V W Wall, Dec 15, 2003

  3. mort

    JIM Guest

    Perzakly what I need to do. Being computer illiterate, I need to know the
    route (cliks) to get this done. Have windows ME on this newer model and need
    to plug up a 98 and a previous 95 - but one at a time will be fine;)

    Thanks,

    Jim

    JIM, Dec 16, 2003
  4. mort

    V W Wall Guest

    Thake a look here for how to install a second hard drive:
    (Thanks to Sti(c)y on alt.windows98 for the reference.)

    http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/howto/story/0,24330,3322450,00.html

    Stop after you have the drive mounted. You do not want to partition and
    format it, as you would for a new drive. At that point the drive should
    be acessable, and you can copy files from it.

    Virg Wall

    V W Wall, Dec 16, 2003