    best one? Howerver, I hear that cablerocket doens't let you use a
    different modem or something.

    Thanks for your help,

    Travis, Feb 14, 2007

  2. Travis

    Alan S Guest

    A cable modems put out the same Ethernet or PPPE singles as a DSL modem does, so it should work. All you have to do is setup you router to whatever the modem need just like the config of your computer the modem is connected to now. The config should be ether be static IP, dynamic IP, or PPPE which you need to set up a user name and password.

    Good luck

    Alan

    Alan S, Feb 14, 2007

  3. Travis

    Hal Clark Guest

    connect the output of the cable modem to the wan port of the router,
    then connect your pc to the ethernet ports on the router, or wireless.

    Hal Clark, Feb 14, 2007
  4. Travis

    Travis Guest

    So your saying that I should connect the ethernet cable coming from my
    cable modem to my ADSL router and then plug my other computers into
    the ports of it too? Just to be clear.

    Travis, Feb 14, 2007
  5. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Got it working. But I can't get wireless to work. I can connect to my
    router but when I open firefox it doesn't work. It just stays at

    Travis, Feb 15, 2007
  6. Travis

    Tee Jay Guest

    Look for the Address for the router (192.168.0.1 is mine) and turn on
    the wireless. There is an address for that router that allows you to
    control the router and all its aspects. Use Google to look up the
    manufacturer of router and go to Support and find the address all will
    be clear after that. (I hope)
    Tee Jay

    Tee Jay, Feb 15, 2007
  7. Travis

    Travis Guest

    It's 192.168.0.1, I already checked and it's enabled. It connects
    fine, I can see the SSID and connect to it, but there isn't any
    internet on wireless. Maybe it's only shared through wired ports?

    Travis, Feb 15, 2007