    they aren't all the same. There are at least two variants I've come
    across.

    TIA

    Mark, Feb 27, 2008

  2. Mark

    Al Guest

    SPA 102 uses the 2 centre pins of the RJ 11
    Some phone/modem/ ordless adapter RJ11 uses outer pair, some use inner. You
    have probably got some of each in your collection. Maybe even some crossed
    ones. Be aware.
    In this case it is centre pair.

    Can always crimps some plugs on for you if you get stuck.
    HTH

    Al

    Al, Feb 27, 2008

  3. Supposedly the ring capacitor /is/ required. These ones work for me:
    http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2370
    (pennies if you're already ordering from them)

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Feb 28, 2008
  4. Mark

    Paul Hayes Guest

    The correct cables connect pins 2 and 5 of the BT socket to the
    inner-most two pins on the rj11 connector.

    You don't need a ring capacitor on an FXO port, only on an FXS where you
    are connecting a phone which sometimes need this ring capacitor.

    You can use this:

    http://www.provoip.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=61

    along with the rj-11 cable that should have come with the SPA3102.
    (Product also available from other shops etc...etc... :) ).

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Feb 28, 2008
  5. Oops, I got my FXO/FXI mixed up. The above is for connecting phones to the
    SPA, not the SPA to the PSTN.

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Feb 28, 2008
  6. Mark

    Chris Davies Guest

    Interestingly, I also bought one of those with my Sipura the other day,
    and it is NOT required. The SPA comes with an RJ11 to BT socket adaptor
    and that works fine. (The BB product stops my phone, connected to the SPA,
    working at all. No ring. No dialtone. Nothing.)

    Chris

    Chris Davies, Feb 28, 2008
  7. Mark

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Chris Davies wrote:
    The SPA comes with an RJ11 to BT socket adaptor
    that depends where you buy it from. ;)

    Linksys themselves don't supply any adaptors to their resellers.

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Feb 28, 2008
  8. Interesting. Which Sipura? I bought an SPA3102 from them in December and
    they didn't supply an adaptor so it did need one (I bought two, mistakenly
    thinking it had two FXI ports).

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Feb 28, 2008
  9. Mark