C3550 - web console - getting 404 error

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jon, Feb 14, 2007.

  1. Jon

    Jon Guest

    I am playing around with the webconsole and access-list (or want to):

    switch#sh run | include http
    ip http server

    When I access http://192.168.50.15/, I get a page that I can do
    various things on. One line says:
    Web Console - Manage the Switch through the web interface.

    I click on that and I get a 404 error:
    404 Not Found

    The link points to:
    http://192.168.50.15/homepage.htm

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    Jon, Feb 14, 2007

  2. Jon

    Guest Guest

    stab in the dark here: try https://192.168.50.15

    Flamer.

    Guest, Feb 14, 2007

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    mmm, no, tried that already. device isnt listening on 443.

    Jon, Feb 14, 2007
  4. Jon

    Scooby Guest

    I would venture to guess that you had updated the software on this device
    and wiped the flash clean in the process. That is normal for many switches.
    However, these devices have a directory for web pages on the flash. When
    you update your software, you should download/use the .tar file rather than
    the .bin file and use CMS to perform the process. I don't, at the moment,
    have a switch that I can peek on, but if you download the IOS software in
    the .tar format and extract it on your pc, you'll see what I'm talking
    about. You should be able to upload the files needed to the flash card, I
    just can't remember exactly what the directory structure should look like.
    It may be as simple as copying the html directory to the root folder.

    Hope that helps,

    Jim

    Scooby, Feb 14, 2007
  5. Jon