    So I assume it is not supported?

    My apologies if this should be obvious but Cisco version numbers and
    the requisite tables leave me bewildered.

    whitemice, Mar 21, 2008

  2. whitemice

    Merv Guest

    what does the following prodcue on the 2600:

    config t
    ipv6 router ospf 10
    end

    conf t
    interface <>
    ipv6 ospf 10 area 0
    end

    show ipv6 ospf

    show ipv6 ospf interface

    Merv, Mar 21, 2008

  3. whitemice

    whitemice Guest

    I have Cisco 2600's running c2600-ik9o3s3-mz.123-9 and we are trying
    rdggate# config t
    Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
    rdggate(config)#ipv6 router ospf 11
    rdggate(config)#interface ethernet0/0
    rdggate(config-if)#ipv6 ospf 11 area 0
    ^
    % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

    rdggate(config-if)#exit
    rdggate(config)#exit
    rdggate#show ipv6 ospf
    ^
    % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

    So it sure looks unsupported. I'm just very suprised by this

    So I need IOS 12.4 to do IPv6 OSPF I assume.

    whitemice, Mar 21, 2008
  4. whitemice

    Merv Guest

    supposed to be in 12.3(25) according to Cisoc feature navigator fo
    what that is worth ...

    Merv, Mar 21, 2008
  5. ...

    You don't say which model 2600 you are trying to use.

    The FeatureNavigator says OSPFv3 is available only in the 2620 in the
    IP Plus image for 12.3 and 12.2T.
    The 2610XM can have it in IP+ and up on 12.3.
    Same with the 2650 and 2691.

    So, I'm guessing you have the 2610, and for whatever reason, Cisco
    determined not to support OSPFv3 on the 2610 even though it can run
    IPv6 in general, maybe not enough memory/cpu on that platform?

    Doug McIntyre, Mar 21, 2008