    want to give up on it or dump it

    Has anyone got any ideas on how to get in please

    Thanks in advancefor any answers

    Super Duper MMI, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Super Duper MMI

    philo Guest

    If it's an older computer with win98 on it...you can just hit "cancel" or
    type in a new name

    If the machine has XP on it...you might as well purchase an XP cd and just
    reinstall the entire
    operating system...it's not really too hard to do

    *however* there is one thing you may want to try first:

    while the machine is booting up ...right after the bios messages

    hit F8 and then try to log on to the machine as administrator

    try just hitting <enter> (with no password)

    if you can then get into the system...

    all you need do is delete the previous person's profile and create a new one

    (in control panel.... "users and passwords")

    philo, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Super Duper MMI

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya philo.

    You can also access the full name entry box by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del
    twice at the Welcome Screen.

    When all else fails you could always look for a boot utils CD package
    that has an NT password changer included.

    Ponder, Oct 20, 2006
  4. Super Duper MMI

    philo Guest

    I've tried those password changers but never got them to work...
    though there is a way to change the password during a repair install...
    there is a little trick to it though...as one must open a cmd console
    during the repair...etc

    philo, Oct 20, 2006
  5. Super Duper MMI

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya philo.

    I have, frequently :)

    Ponder, Oct 20, 2006
  6. Super Duper MMI

    ProfGene Guest

    The Windows password can be ignored by hitting cancel. If there is a
    Cmos password you can reset the Cmos with the jumper for that purpose or
    if you don't know which jumper you can take the Cmos battery out for a
    few minutes and that will reset it.

    ProfGene, Oct 22, 2006
  7. Is the cmos battery the little thing that looks like a big watch battery?

    Super Duper MMI, Oct 23, 2006
  8. Super Duper MMI

    DanR Guest

    Yes