    Are compatible non oem cartridges a bad idea? How is their print quality
    compared to OEM cartridges?

    Brian

    Brian, Sep 14, 2003

  2. Brian

    jeroen Guest

    Why do you think your printer is so cheap?
    Decent price. I used to refill cartridges up untill the HP560. Doable if
    you took care. No experience with modern inkjets but since most of the
    profits is in cartridges I can imagine they make it more difficult
    Depends from brand to brand. I've seen 'm be just as good (most of them)
    and I've also seen poor performance( a few) Biggest drawback is that you
    will immediately loose your warranty if you use OEM cartridges.

    jeroen, Sep 14, 2003

  3. Brian

    Roger Curtis Guest

    I have an Epson C62 and got fobbed off when I complained to Epson about the
    price of replacement cartridges. Since then I have used compatible
    cartridges and they have worked fine. Mine are sourced in the UK from

    www.cartridgepeople.com

    Don't understand these manufacturers - they must realise that they p**s off
    a load of customers with their extortionate prices for replacement
    cartridges.

    Roger C

    Roger Curtis, Sep 14, 2003
  4. Brian

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    There's always a risk when using non-genuine inks.
    Canon are often one of the easiest carts to refill. Not designed to
    deliberately sabotage refilling like the Epson carts are.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Sep 15, 2003
  5. Brian

    Mellowed Guest

    Maybe this article will be of assistance.

    : I want a newer and better printer. My room mate has a real nice epson
    stylus
    : C82. It print's really fast (22/12ppm) and the photo quality is awesome! I
    : can pick it up online for around $80-90 shipped, or maybe get lucky with a
    : Sunday sale locally.
    :
    : My questions are:
    :
    : When buying a printer, I think it's best to take in to account ink costs
    : now. I know on the factory epson C82 cartridges they aren't refillable
    : because of chips in them. I've heard many horror stories with refills.
    This
    : kind of turns me off. Replenishing each of the three colors costs $35 at a
    : store, or I can get "compatible" (non OEM) carts off ebay for $24 for all
    4
    : colors (black included).
    :

    Mellowed, Sep 15, 2003