    P.S. I've just been offered (for example) Canon 300D for $499 In San
    Francisco Chinatown. Really sounded too good to be true, so I passed,
    but he had it on stock...

    Juu, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Juu

    George Guest

    If it is in stock and you are buying it in person, I would think you'd
    mostly need to be aware of what items come standard in the box, how to
    identify its warranty as being US, and confirming that the dealer is an
    authorized dealer so that the mfg will honor the warranty. Oh yes, and make
    sure the item is new! I would imagine that some good deals only mean the
    dealer needs the cash flow...especially in this economy.

    George, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Juu

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    I think Juu should slap a big wad of vasoline on his behind and bend over.

    Cause if he thinks he's gonna get a $900 camera for $500 he's gonna get a
    BIG surprise.

    Dan Sullivan, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Ah hell. Against everyone elses oppionion and good sense, I will ask the
    question: what store?

    Rob.

    Robert Meyers, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Juu

    Juu Guest

    Thank you for your extremely insightful comment. Would you care to
    elaborate? Or actually reading what I wrote?

    Juu, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Juu

    Juu Guest

    Grant Cameras and Electronics, 808 Grant Ave.

    Camera Expres at 621 Grant Ave. claimed it for $600.

    Let me know if you decide to buy it and how it goes, OK? :)

    Juu, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Juu

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    If you must, join a masochist club and it will be a little less painful...
    :)

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 8, 2004
  8. Juu

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Stupid questions trigger answers ranging from harmless humor
    to "smart-ass-ness", it's a fact of life.

    The usual common sense (as in "if it's too good to be true...")
    also applies to photography.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 8, 2004
  9. Juu

    Juu Guest

    Well, George was the only one to actually provide some useful
    information.

    You instead are trying to prove by assertion that one's going to get
    ripped off "because it's obvious". It was also obvious the Earth is
    flat.

    If they were instead selling at $700 would that then not be "too good
    to be true" and thus not a (presumable) con?

    Juu, Jan 9, 2004