    small review a selected Sony CyberShot DSC-p10.
    Can anyone give me some comments on it

    thanks

    vidhu, Sep 1, 2003

  2. vidhu

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (vidhu) wrote in @posting.google.com:
    Are you looking for a point and shoot? The Canon S400 and S50 are good
    choices. Also the Canon G5. Nikon also makes several good cameras too.

    Lucas Tam, Sep 1, 2003

  3. vidhu

    John O. Guest

    My girlfriend and I run a camera store together. We both decided
    recently that we wanted digital cameras of our own. About a month ago I
    chose the Olympus C740. More recently, she chose the 4300. She used it
    for 1 day and took it back. She complained about the sharpness and macro
    ability. Also start-up time was too slow for her. So now, she has my
    camera and I'm back to using my old F2a.

    I think I'd like the Nikon 5400 now.

    John O., Sep 1, 2003
  4. vidhu

    John O. Guest

    oops... I posted my above reply to the wrong thread. Sorry folks.

    John O., Sep 1, 2003
  5. vidhu

    Midia Guest

    good camera, but get an olympus c5050 zoom.

    -midia
    www.midia.us

    Midia, Sep 1, 2003
  6. vidhu

    MrMike Guest

    You might want to lurk around www.dpreview.com and other sites to pick up on
    what other film users are saying about digital. Others include:

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/
    http://www.dcresource.com/
    http://www.pcphotoreview.com/
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/
    http://www.digital-cameras-info.com/
    http://www.megapixel.net/
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/
    http://www.outdooreyes.com/
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/

    I prefer to read what many folks are saying, often seemingly unrelated
    complaints and questions, and form my own opinions after studying the
    features and specs. of competing items. I get a feel for real world
    experiences that way.

    YMMV

    MrMike, Sep 1, 2003
  7. vidhu

    JK Guest

    Why didn't you explain why they should get the C5050?
    The P10 is cute, and handy to use in bright light, but
    not so handy if you want to take photos at the telephoto
    end indoors without using a flash or tripod. The P10 also
    uses memory sticks and a proprietary battery, both
    of which are expensive. The C5050 uses AA nimh
    batteries(cheap) and compact flash(also cheap).

    JK, Sep 1, 2003
  8. vidhu

    JD Guest

    Are you looking for a point and shoot? The Canon S400 and S50 are good
    Too many problems with the G5 are starting to be reported as more people
    have now had a chance to use and review it.

    The G3 is superior in quality and costs less.

    JD, Sep 1, 2003
  9. vidhu

    xyz Guest

    I have read where many do not have a problem with the G5. The G3 is
    cheaper though but I hear the faintest rumours (that's all it is) of a
    G6 coming out late Fall. Of course, the 4MP G2 is a bargain if you
    can find one. I have a G2. But if the G2 and G3 are priced similarly
    or close enough I'd go for the G3 for its longer 4x zoom and bayonet
    mounting system for add-on converters.

    Oh, the S400 is a great little cam too. I use it as my
    carry-everywhee digital camera.

    xyz, Sep 1, 2003
  10. vidhu

    ElectricWind Guest

    I just ordered the G5 from buydig.com

    ElectricWind, Sep 1, 2003
  11. vidhu

    JD Guest

    Are you looking for a point and shoot? The Canon S400 and S50 are good
    See if you can cancel the shipment, else don't accept it when it arrives.

    JD, Sep 1, 2003
  12. vidhu

    JD Guest

    Too many problems with the G5 are starting to be reported as more people
    That's because most of it is related with noise that apparently not many
    people notice, not that they don't have the problem. The G5 is nothing
    more than the G3 with a 5 megapixel CCD put in place of the 4 megapixel one,
    but they did nothing in the electronics to compensate for the additional
    noise from the smaller sensors adding an extra million in the same sized
    space.

    The G3 from the G2 was even the same 4 megapixels, but the camera was vastly
    improved. With the G5 nothing was improved, they just tried to get away
    with putting in a higher CCD without tweaking the circuits for it so that
    they had something in the 5 megapixel category.
    Since the G5 is what is new this Fall (or late summer) if that WERE true, it
    would just confirm that the G5 is a boo-boo and they quickly did something to
    fix it. However, this rumour is nothing more than that, a rumour.
    The G3 is a completely different machine than the G2, just looking at them
    side by side you can see much of the difference. The G3 is exactly the
    same thing as the G5 other than the new CCD inside and that the G5 is painted
    black, which it had to be, else everyone would get it confused with the G3
    since it is the same camera.

    JD, Sep 2, 2003
  13. vidhu

    ElectricWind Guest

    lol there is no reason too. www.dpreview.com has a full review on the G5
    and reports noise issues with certain ISO settings. It's not that big a
    deal.

    ElectricWind, Sep 2, 2003
  14. vidhu

    JD Guest

    good
    Perhaps not. I just remember reading from some, even on this group, that had
    a G5 and wish they had kept their G3. I was just trying to be helpful.

    JD, Sep 2, 2003
  15. vidhu

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Just take everything you read on usenet with a grain of salt. There is ALOT
    of misinformation floating around.

    Lucas Tam, Sep 2, 2003