    recommend me a good type ?

    greetz,
    Missie

    Missie, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Missie

    SD Guest

    Ok heres a more specific question unrelated to the one above..

    I need a camera that costs <300$, within 250$ is better and that
    includes everything (battery charger, batteries, 128MB memory)

    I'd prefer 3MP or better though will settle for less if thats not possible.

    I'd like to have atleast some manual controls on it, preferably those
    that would give someone an introduction to the more important aspects of
    photography.

    I'm not averse to buying a used camera though I would prefer not to
    unless I get a significantly better cam for the same price.

    SD, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Missie

    SD Guest

    I was in your situation sometime back and ended up buying a Minolta
    Dimage f100 and my roommate in the same situation ended up with a Canon
    S30 (3.2 MP) - the 4MP version is S45. Thats two cameras you can start
    from. The other one I looked at was Olympus C4040. I didn't particularly
    like the interface of the Nikon Coolpix at work so I didn't look at any
    Nikons.

    SD, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Missie

    J Guest

    I'd suggest the Canon S230.
    Some manual controls, great pictures (day and night), easy to use, about
    $500cnd...give or take. (before taxes.)
    If you can spend some more, there's the S400.

    J, Aug 19, 2003
  5. Missie

    JK Guest

    What do you typically photograph? Do you want to be able to take
    photos indoors in moderate light without using a tripod or flash?
    Do you like taking closeup photos of flowers or other small things?
    What does not too expensive mean? Under $700? Under $500?
    Under $300?

    JK, Aug 19, 2003
  6. Missie

    SD Guest

    The street prices are bogus. They are probably from the time the cameras
    came out, ex Olympus 3040 for 800$, Powershot s30 for 479.

    SD, Aug 19, 2003
  7. Missie

    Edric Ta Guest

    Definitely canon has a great line of digital elphs...Small, compact,
    and easy to use.. I had the s200.. and then upgraded to s400....at
    least go for the 3MP s230 and if you can afford the s400, go for that
    one!!!!

    Edric Ta, Aug 20, 2003