    Burt Guest

    Why bother - they both have information to contribute to the NG. Bring on
    all the Tonys as long as they can help people with their printer questions.

    Burt, May 15, 2005

  2. _R

    Frank ess Guest

    No, really. Get a room. You guys' affair contributes nothing to the
    group.

    Frank ess, May 15, 2005

  3. _R

    measekite Guest

    Boy is that a dumb remark.

    measekite, May 15, 2005
  4. Of course it is and it probably happens to some small degree, but many
    of these stores have thousands of ratings. Self selected respondents
    can't make the result statistically valid, but given the numbers
    there's likely some indication of what you can expect.

    But if the ratings are so skewed by tampering, how is it that Adorama,
    which Tony recommends, has such lousy ratings. Maybe this is a plot by
    the employees of the competitors. There's way too much conspiracy
    theory in his postion.

    Oliver Costich, May 15, 2005
  5. _R

    measekite Guest

    I feel tht way also but I still am cautious.
    And I am sure that is also true that competitors provide lousey
    reviews. For photo stuff I hear that BH Photo is good.

    measekite, May 15, 2005
  6. I can put up a website and call myself "Tony". What does that mean?
    Absolutely NOTHING!!

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, May 16, 2005
  7. _R

    measekite Guest

    Nobody can answer the question about Tonies.

    Is Tony Da Tiger and Tony Da Webber the same person with a split
    personality or are they different people?

    measekite, May 16, 2005
  8. _R

    Tony Guest

    But you apparently haven't even done that much, and in fact obviously
    haven't read my website. With a multi-decade history in photography, a few
    short articles on important things the books on photography don't teach and
    a bit of this and that, I have established myself as somebody real - whether
    you believe my name or not.
    You have established - a screen name - something any seven year old can
    do and something any employee of any net savvy business can and has done
    many times in the past. One merely has to look at all the "Hey I just found
    this fantastic.." posts and emails to know, that without any other presence
    you have the gravitas of a puff of wind in a hurricane.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, May 16, 2005
  9. _R

    Tony Guest

    Tony, May 16, 2005
  10. _R

    Tony Guest

    Oh now it has a PHD in MATH! I'm so f-ing impressed. What math - slopology,
    or applied retail percentages?
    You sure missed the course on logic or you would not make the assinine
    statements you do - or are you claiming that your opinion is so important it
    doesn't need to be backed up with logic? I doubt that, however, you
    obviously have not thought it out that far.
    Sod off little boy. You are still merely a fart in the wind.

    Tony, May 16, 2005
  11. _R

    measekite Guest

    This does not smell like Tony Da Tiger. More like Tony Da Webber.

    measekite, May 16, 2005
  12. _R

    measekite Guest

    Tony Blair would like to send Tony Da Webber to Iraq. You can become
    Tony Da RMP with all your photo experience.

    measekite, May 16, 2005
  13. _R

    measekite Guest

    My My Tony Da Webber is pissed. He want a new AKA. How about

    Tony Da Testicle :cool:

    measekite, May 16, 2005
  14. _R

    measekite Guest

    Did you Sniff it?

    measekite, May 16, 2005
  15. _R

    Frank Guest

    You've got some very nice work on your web site Tony. You're to be
    congratulated for its quality and artistic content.
    The script-kiddies we have posting here have no talent, no brains and
    nothing to offer other than their obscene, off based childish bullshit.
    I have unfortunately meet some of these losers and sad to say, the
    internet is their only life and their only reality.
    Beyond that, they are in deep trouble with the rest of society.
    Frank

    Frank, May 17, 2005
  16. B&H is excellent and has a huge selection, but there are cheaper
    places to buy more common items and get good service.

    I m not sure that any of the claimed tampering goes on. If anyone has
    any evidence that is does on any kind of scale, please give it.

    Oliver Costich, May 17, 2005

  17. That's his breath. Bullshit does that.

    Oliver Costich, May 17, 2005
  18. He wants me to prove I exist. Maybe he should ask Descartes.

    Oliver Costich, May 17, 2005
  19. Muslims can't touch pork.

    Oliver Costich, May 17, 2005

  20. Having a nice website doesn't make one an authority on anything. Not
    on online vendors and clearly not on logic.

    Oliver Costich, May 17, 2005