    too stupid to get it. You don't have a corner on truth. You only have
    opinions and can't support most of those with any kind of logic or
    evidence.

    Oliver Costich, May 14, 2005

  2. Your credentials are what you post on your website so hardly any kind
    of certification. I have seen the articles on buyin from mail order
    (and web) sites. I have also been buying from them with no significant
    problems since the 60s. Unlike you, I don't hold that out as proof of
    anything. It's just my experience and it being due simply to good luck
    is just as rare a probability as having lots of bad experiences.

    Only someone who has no real logical position that is supportred by
    any evidence needs to resort to the level of puffery you've displayed
    here.

    Oliver Costich, May 14, 2005

  3. And there's no reason to accept the biased opinions of a single data
    point with an axe to grind. There is good reason not to trust certain
    products or vendors, but painting either with a broad brush because of
    singular poor perfromance is paranoid. Shit hapens. Notice that B&H
    has a less than perfect rating?

    In other words, simply prejudice.
    A drive train is pretty important too since without it the car doesn't
    move. ANother example of critical thinking?
    And I've had Campagnolo brakes fail. So what? What you do by getting
    better quality is reduce risk but better quality isn't always more
    costly. Sometimes more expensive is just prettier.

    Oliver Costich, May 14, 2005
  4. I don't like bad products either. I typically buy very high quality
    products and dare say that the spectrum of products in my possession
    are in the 95th percentile of what you find in most places.

    Intelligence is undersatnding margianl costs and benefits, at least in
    product shopping. Having one bad experience and shunning something for
    life is hardly logic.
    What I said was that I bought a D70 from Buydig. I guess you mssed
    that, being blinded by prejudice.

    How would one prove that they are NOT a Beach employee? You're a
    paranoid asshole and a moron to boot. Not a smidgen of logic in any of
    your opinions.
    What attempts have you made to determine any of that information? How
    do I KNOW that you are not what you accuse me of?

    Your credentials are apparently that you can get a web site and write
    reviews for Amazon. This is your source of credibility, other than
    having fixed bicycles (if it's true)?

    It's simpler than that - I think YOU are an idiot. And being a fart in
    the wind beats being a pile of shit.

    Oliver Costich, May 14, 2005
  5. _R

    measekite Guest

    So you are not Tony da Tiger?

    measekite, May 14, 2005
  6. _R

    Frank ess Guest

    Get a room.

    Frank ess, May 14, 2005
  7. If I hadn't purchased from buydig prior to learning that they were part of
    Beach, I probably would still be warning people about Beach 12 years after I
    had a bad experience with them. I'm still boycotting Pepsi thirty years
    after they did some bad things!

    The fact is that this is one of the rare cases where a crappy retailer
    actually became a good one. Looking at ResellerRatings, looking at all the
    people who have recommended them, and my own personal experiences (and those
    of colleagues), are sufficicent evidence.

    I make money from people clicking through on my web site, to buy from Amazon
    and Adorama, but I still always recommend that they check prices at Buydig.

    Steven M. Scharf, May 14, 2005
  8. _R

    Tony Guest

    Tony, May 14, 2005
  9. _R

    Tony Guest

    Tony, May 14, 2005
  10. _R

    Tony Guest

    I notice that my opinions are singular while you apparently think of
    yourself as having some sort of dispensation from the Pope of all Camera
    stores. Olly - you don't even exist. You are not so much as a turd on the
    sidewalk of life - you are less than the odor of a a fart in the wind. Your
    opinions are noteven worth the bandwidth you, or your employers waste.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, May 14, 2005
  11. _R

    Tony Guest

    But you still have no idea of logic. There are books on the subject. There
    is an excellent library system in Brooklyn. If beach ever gives you a day
    off, perhaps you might take a trip there. In the Dewey Decimal system I
    believe logic is somewhere around 300 - but the nice lady at the children's
    desk can probably give you more exact information.
    When you've studied basic logic for 4th grades for a few months you might
    take another look at your posts and see why they are so humourous.

    Tony, May 14, 2005
  12. _R

    Tony Guest

    Tony, May 14, 2005
  13. That's OK if there are enough equally endowed substitutes around.
    Things do change, however, and need to be re-evaluated from time to
    time.
    Reseller ratings? Don'tcha that they are bogus (according to Tony who
    has not a shred of evidence).

    Oliver Costich, May 14, 2005

  14. I'm hardly anonymous. I use my real name and anyone with even a shred
    of evidence could find out that I do exist. I have never worked at any
    comera store. You're just a pompous, arrogant ass who is too lazy to
    do anything to back up your own drivel.

    Oliver Costich, May 14, 2005

  15. Tony da Tiger doesn't have mispelled words on his website.

    Oliver Costich, May 14, 2005
  16. First note that I am retired and was self employed before that. Hence
    no employers of any kind in recent years.

    Yes your opinions are singular, being only yours and out of agreement
    with most others. Did you even check what "singular" means?

    Keep the insults coming. It's evicence of your inability to sustain
    logical discourse. You have any evidence for your claims yet or not?

    Oliver Costich, May 14, 2005
  17. Right! I have no idea of logic. That's how a earned a PhD in
    Mathematics. I have no need of a library to look up "asshole" only to
    see your picture. And thanks, but Florida is a long way from Brooklyn.

    Your constant harping on the bogus allegation that I work for Beach
    makes you look pretty stupid when there is no evidence for it . Do you
    drool when you're ranting this bullshit?

    Oliver Costich, May 14, 2005
  18. _R

    measekite Guest

    I am confused if there are two Tonys on this NG. Are you Tony da Tiger?

    measekite, May 14, 2005
  19. _R

    measekite Guest

    So Tony da Tiger is the one in the printer repair and ink business and
    the other Tony is in what???

    How do you tell Tony da Tiger from Tony da Websiter?

    measekite, May 14, 2005
  20. _R

    measekite Guest

    I am not saying I agree to do not agree with any of this. But this NG is
    full of pompous asses. And at times some of the pompous asses make
    sense and other times they do not.

    As for reviews, it is OK to look at them but remember over time any of
    the employees of a webstore can post numerous positive reviews. It is
    very difficult to spot phony reviews from genuine reviews.

    measekite, May 14, 2005