    Paul Blarmy Guest

    Why is it that bus stops can be situated *on* the zig zag lines of a
    pedestrian crossing? Surely this is wrong?

    Paul Blarmy, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:50:11 GMT, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?= wrote...
    If I stop on a zig zag I am liable to get a fine and points on my licence
    as it is considered hazardous to stop so close to the pedestrian crossing
    - yet buses (much bigger than a car) can stop with the fuill approval of
    whoever planned the bus stop to be there.

    It's a mockery!

    Paul Blarmy, Jul 20, 2004

  3. Ask at your town hall, they can do whatever they want, including
    "thinking" a car is "abandoned" (a residents car in a residents parking
    bay) and then taking it away and destroying it.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Paul Blarmy

    gruffydd Guest

    the positioning of bus stops is decided by a 'committee' made up of a rep
    from everyone bar the actual user, the man in the street. Police, Councils
    [district and county], ROAD SAFETY people. many heads=no brains
    same with lights on the exit of a roundabout

    gruffydd, Jul 20, 2004
  5. I'm sure that whining about it on Usenet will quickly fix the problem.
    Have you tried stamping your feet and holding your breath?

    John Steelton, Jul 21, 2004
  6. Paul Blarmy

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:40:08 -0600, John Steelton wrote...
    Not yet. Nice one John, thanks for the suggestion. If it works I'll tell
    everyone what a jolly splendid chap you are.

    Paul Blarmy, Jul 21, 2004