    camera to CD at internet cafes in Australia ?

    Cheers
    Trusylver

    goodhart, Dec 11, 2003

  2. goodhart

    Canopus Guest

    It will be the price per hour for using the cyber cafe no matter what you
    are doing, surfing or burning (if they allow it).

    Rob

    Canopus, Dec 11, 2003

  3. goodhart

    Mark Johnson Guest

    Just get a portable CD burner. Then you can insert the card, and burn
    a CD anywhere in the field, anywhere you want. Apacer.com has
    something called a Steno CP200. But there are various of these CD
    burners out there, I believe.

    Mark Johnson, Dec 11, 2003
  4. goodhart

    goodhart Guest

    I am looking at this from the other side of the equation, I have just added
    a CD/DVD
    burner to my cafe in Rainbow Beach (near Fraser Island)
    and trying to find out what backpackers usualy pay for copying of
    photos to cd and video to DVD.

    no one else in the area offers this facility

    Trusylver

    goodhart, Dec 12, 2003
  5. goodhart

    Mark Johnson Guest

    Oh, I see. Btw, I just saw that Fry's carries the Roadstor, which I
    think has a little LCD showing how the copy job is going. It's like
    the Apacer.

    Why not get one of these portables, too? Then you wouldn't tie up the
    PC, and could still charge for offloading photos to CD?

    Mark Johnson, Dec 13, 2003
  6. goodhart

    Canopus Guest

    I've seen this facility in cyber cafes in Egypt, Morocco and Turkey, but,
    you cannot compare prices very well for various reasons. However, they
    charge the same per hour as if you were surfing the net, you hire the
    computer per hour on or off line. By allowing your customer to burn a CD
    you are saving on your phone bill (possibly), not tying up your bandwidth,
    giving an extra service which may very well bring back the customer and you
    could make a little extra by selling blank CDs. Why not also put some nice
    image editors on one or two PCs and sell some good quality photo paper so
    that they can print some out? While in Turkey several people asked me to
    take a photo of them and their family at places I was staying. I had to
    wait until I got back home to download, adjust and print them out and then
    air mail them back (and who knows if they got there). I would have been
    more than willing to pay to do it in a local cyber cafe.

    Rob

    Canopus, Dec 13, 2003