    stereo system, they sound low, muffled and jumpy. I cleaned the CDs and my
    players. These two CDs still won't play. Have anyone ever heard of
    anything like this?

    Nsagio, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Nsagio

    philo Guest

    yes
    i;ve certainly heard of cd's quitting...it happens some time

    philo, Sep 3, 2004

  3. Nsagio

    GHalleck Guest

    The media side of CD-R remains photosensitive, even
    after the session has been closed. Exposure to light
    at the approximate wavelength of the burning laser
    will tend to alter the tracks that had been burned
    into the media. It is better to store recorded CD-R's
    in places out of direct exposure to strong light.

    GHalleck, Sep 3, 2004
  4. Nsagio

    EricP Guest

    There's a new virus/trojan that is aimed at stoping self burnt cd's
    from playing in the drive. It is only a few days old. Found it
    yesterday. :((

    EricP, Sep 3, 2004
  5. Nsagio

    Idbbs01 Guest

    Wonder how that virus got on his old stereo system?

    Idbbs01, Sep 3, 2004
  6. Nsagio

    ImhoTech Guest

    Not unusual for cdrs to fail. The lower the quality the more likely the
    failure.

    ImhoTech, Sep 3, 2004
  7. Nsagio

    ImhoTech Guest