    Many Thanks

    Regards

    Gunjani

    Gunjani, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Gunjani

    Gordon Guest

    There are, but they are quite difficult to find, especially with the
    advent of DVD-R. Is there any reason why you don't want to use a DVD?
    (Like - you haven't got a DVD burner?)

    Gordon, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Gunjani

    Mentalguy Guest

    you could use a file splitter to split it into 2 parts, and burn onto 2
    cd's. Or perhaps run it through Windows Movie Maker or similar, and edit out
    some unneccessary parts to make it smaller. I doubt you'll get any more
    saving whichever way you compress it.

    Mentalguy, Feb 23, 2005
  4. Gunjani

    Jock. Guest

    I should think .avi files are already compressed as much as
    is possible, and compression is near enough at its maximum
    already.

    Why not use a DVD? Much easier.

    Jock.

    Jock., Feb 23, 2005
  5. Gunjani

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Feb 23, 2005
  6. Gunjani

    SteveH Guest

    Tried converting it to DIVx format?

    SteveH

    SteveH, Feb 23, 2005
  7. Gunjani

    dadiOH Guest

    You may be able to burn it, depends on your software. Some will let you
    specify blank size. IIRC, the actual capacity is in excess of 730 MB
    but a certain amount is needed for overhead. Shouldn't be much overhead
    with one file. What burning program do you use?

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Feb 23, 2005
  8. Gunjani

    Marcus Fox Guest

    800MB and 900MB CD-R are available. I have some right here on my desk. Got
    them from www.svp.co.uk

    Marcus

    Marcus Fox, Feb 23, 2005
  9. Gunjani

    Ace Internet Guest

    Hi Gunjani

    You can split the file into 2 parts using HJSplit:

    http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/#win32

    Simply split the files into two parts, burn them onto 2 CD's, then use
    HJSplit to join them together again when needed.

    Steve
    Visit our online IT store! Trade prices direct to the public!
    http://customers.aceinternet.co.uk/buy/hardware
    Get a FREE 0870 number for your home, business or Fax2Email service
    http://customers.aceinternet.co.uk/telco/
    Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
    Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
    t: 0870 740 7555 | f: 0870 740 5335 | e:

    Ace Internet, Feb 24, 2005
  10.
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2005
  11. Gunjani