Burn a DVD using Nero in a non-DVD-burner pc

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ran Chermesh, Jul 27, 2005.

  1. Ran Chermesh

    Ran Chermesh Guest

    Hi,
    I'm trying to move some DVD games from my laptop (IBM Thinkpad T42, XP
    Pro, SP2, no DVD burner) to cd disks, which will serve as temporary
    storage until I get hold of a DVD burner.
    This "temporary storage" idea came into my mind when I read the
    following Nero FAQs:

    "3. I have Nero/Nero Express installed and a CD recorder connected to
    my system. Is there any way to create a DVD image on this system to
    burn it with a DVD recorder later?

    Yes.
    From within Nero Burning ROM go to 'File --> Preferences --> Expert
    Features'. Go to the bottom of this page and enable the option for
    ‘Enable Image Recorder for all supported recorder formats'.
    From within Nero Express go to 'More --> Configure --> Expert
    Features' and enable the same option.
    Now, go to the Compilation window and select the DVD image recorder".

    Since the DVD files are currently in an ISO format, I and since Nero
    doesn't accept ISO format in their DVD imae recorder option, I tried
    to open my files using isobuster.
    Well, the first part was easy. Isobuster extracted the ISO part
    smoothly. Still, when I tried to extract the UDF files, my
    non-registered version of isobuster tated that this option is
    available exclusively to registered users (Which I'm not). Same
    happened with the IFO files.

    My question:
    Do you know of a free way of extracting UDF and IFO files?
    or alternatively
    Do I need these file for future burning of a DVD?

    Ran

    Ran Chermesh, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Ran Chermesh

    Unk Guest

    Did you try WinISO?
    http://www.winiso.com/download.htm

    There's no mention of UDF and IFO restrictions in the unregistered version.

    Unk, Jul 27, 2005

  3. Ran Chermesh

    forkart Guest

    forkart, Jul 28, 2005