    Can anyone recommend a straightforward, simple-to-use one that's free and
    reliable?

    Many thanks.

    Bob C, Apr 10, 2005

  2. Bob C

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Apr 10, 2005

  3. Bob C

    Bob C Guest

    Bob C, Apr 10, 2005
  4. Bob C

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Apr 10, 2005
  5. Bob C

    elaich Guest

    Yes, there are, but none that will convert copy protected ones. Just for
    your information. You can search till doomsday and you won't find one. Hope
    your friend's files aren't copy protected.

    elaich, Apr 11, 2005
  6. Bob C

    Daniel Guest

    Why not? It should only require if anything for something to read/play back
    the file & wright the MP3 or at least WAV file while doing so (kind of like
    WinAmp does with it's disk-writer plugin). Is it just that anyone who
    attempts such a utility gets the full wrath of Micro$oft upon them?

    Also is there a WMV to AVI or MPEG converter?

    And what about a good (would be even better if it could be command line
    operated for larger batching) RM to AVI/MPEG converter.

    I know there was an older version of VirtualDub that does support this WMV
    to AVI....any luck in possibly finding that?

    Daniel, Apr 12, 2005
  7. Bob C

    old john Guest

    do a google search for `wma to mp3` you`ll get a fist full, then take your
    choice, good luck..J

    old john, Apr 12, 2005
  8. Bob C

    Llisa

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    mp3 converter

    Hi, :ciao:
    I often download video files. I have Windows 7 and I usually I use Convert-tune
    http: // convert - tune.com /index .html,
    it is easy to use and it converts video to MP4, WMV, AVI and 3gp. In addition,
    it features free CD ripper and CD burner.
    It runs on Windows 2003, XP, 7, Vista and adds ID3 tags
    There is an option I like, 'surf and catch video'. :D

    Llisa, Jul 2, 2010
  9. Bob C

    Danny

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    My choice was Audio Converter Studio when at about a year ago I needed to convert a lot of WMA files to MP3s, OGGs and some other formats which this software handled with ease. Maybe someone else might be interested in it: http://maniactools.com/soft/converter/index.shtml

    Danny, Oct 18, 2011