BugMeNot Extension - is the site down?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Kneewax, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. Kneewax

    Kneewax Guest

    I use the BugMeNot extension quite heavily, but yesterday it stopped
    working - is anyone else having this problem - it looks like the site
    may have gone offline.

    Or is it just me?

    Ta

    Kneewax
    History is an illusion caused by the passage of time.
    Time is an illusion caused by the passage of History
    - Wave Harmonic Theory of
    Historical Perception (DNA)

    Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!

    Kneewax, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Looks a little like the site's been taken down: the webserver shows a
    largely empty directory: no index page.

    Not that the mozdev bugmenot page is reachable either right now...mozdev
    appears to have gone for a burton too.

    cheers,

    David H

    --

    "When the tough get going, I'll steal their sandwiches."

    If you need to contact me direct, please remove the obvious from the
    reply address

    David Harrison, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Ignore last: the site's been taken down.

    http://www.boingboing.net/2004/08/18/rip_bugmenotcom.html

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Kneewax

    Kneewax Guest

    </snip>

    Thats sad! Another useful tool bites the dust....

    Kneewax, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Kneewax

    .BRIAN. Guest

    [http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=115086]

    <quote>
    Posted by BGM:
    Our host pulled the plug. I reckon they were pressured. If anyone has
    got some secure, preferably offshore hosting in mind then please let us
    know so we can get the service back up as soon as possible.
    </quote>

    --
    Cheers...

    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    .BRIAN., Aug 19, 2004
  6. Kneewax

    Rob Guest

    It looks like the site is down.....bummer

    Rob, Aug 20, 2004
  7. BugMeNot's back up -
    http://www.boingboing.net/2004/08/20/bugmenotcom_returns_.html

    I'm assuming the extension will be too, but I don't use it.

    Adam Dinwoodie, Aug 28, 2004