Buffalo G54 W/Less Router

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by DJ, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. DJ

    DJ Guest

    Hi All

    I have a custom built PC running Xp Pro (2GH AMD64 Chip, 1.5gbRAM, Asus
    Board - up to date BIOS) and have purchased a Buffalo G54 Wireless Router
    (it has a built in ADSL Modem) and PC Card. I have flashed the firmware
    version to 2.18L.01.A2A014c2.

    Does anyone have any experience of setting this up, as I am really
    struggling!

    It sees the ADSL connection, tests the synchronisation on the line and
    passes it OK, but it won't see the DNS server, and therefore does not get an
    IP address. It sees the up and down speeds correctly, but there are settings
    that I have no idea what they mean.

    Should IGMP be enabled?
    What does IGMP do?
    What is the difference between VC/MUX and LLC/ENCAPSULATION encapsulations,
    and what are they????

    Any hellp you gurus can give..........

    Thanks
    DJ