    copies for sale yet? Instead of purchasing the original copies and sending
    them in for replacement, I chose to wait for the corrected copies to come
    out which was stated to be in September. Michael S.

    Michael S., Sep 29, 2003

  2. I have a set on the way from Deep Discount DVD. I'll let you know what I
    get.

    Edward

    Edward Curtis, Sep 29, 2003

  3. In
    The new V2's are still screwed up, the contrast during the first
    half of BTTF 3 is too dark.

    So I'd suggest holding off a bit longer.

    (Damn Universal idiots)

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Michael S.

    Zimmy Guest

    You'll be waiting forever.

    The contrast/brightness is screwed up in every release of American Pie
    (which is like, 7?)
    They won't correct that.
    That is Universla for ya.

    Zimmy, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Michael S.

    Doonie Guest

    It wasn't screwed up in the first widescreen release? What about
    the open matte version?

    Doonie, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Michael S.

    ZC TGS Guest

    Is this in just the Region 1 release or does it affect Region 2 as
    well?

    ZC TGS, Sep 30, 2003
  7. Michael S.

    Frank Guest

    I haven't seen them, and I've checked the local stores about once a week.

    Don't hold your breath - it's Universal afterall - no QA/QC to speak of.

    Frank, Sep 30, 2003
  8. HomeTheaterForum.com's FAQ on this issue states the contrast problem
    seems to be with NON-Region 1 V2's. Region 1 is OK.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?M27035016

    Edward

    Edward Curtis, Oct 1, 2003
  9. Michael S.

    Si Guest

    I see. Care to elaborate? When, where and all that.

    Si

    Si, Oct 3, 2003
  10. Michael S.

    Evil Guest

    I'm just waiting until they sell BTTF 1 solo :)

    Evil, Oct 3, 2003