    I downloaded bittorrent then decided that I did'n want it, so uninstalled
    it. The problem now is that everytime I switch on my computer I have
    btdna.exe running in the background. How do I get rid of it please?

    caroline, Feb 4, 2008

  2. caroline

    meerkat Guest

    meerkat, Feb 4, 2008

  3. caroline

    richard Guest

    Open "task manager". Processes tab.
    Highlight, click "end now".
    Delete the file.

    richard, Feb 4, 2008
  4. caroline

    yarra2797

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    NJ
    Uninstall BitTorrent

    Go to START, RUN, and type in OPEN
    "C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe" /UNINSTALL
    Click OK

    yarra2797, Feb 8, 2008
  5. caroline

    bobpats Guest

    Install "ccleaner" from ccleaner.com,this is free, select "tools" and
    then 'add remove programs" and remove it there. If it doesn't appear
    there, then select "start up" in Ccleaner and remove it there.
    CCleaner generally works where "uninstall doesn't do the job.
    Then have a look in control panel/C drive/programs and delete the
    folder that's left.

    bobpats, Mar 10, 2008
  6. caroline

    BHoff

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Eliminate DNA/btdna.exe "bittorrant" Program

    First you will need to open your taskbar and locate the process for program "btdna.exe" as it will be running.
    Next click on it and terminate the process then exit the taskbar.
    Locate your "RUN" command (check in accessories)
    In the "Open:" area type: "C:\Program Files\DNA\btdna.exe" /UNINSTALL & Click OK.
    If that fails click on browse and locate the file. Click to open it then add subcommand /UNINSTALL
    If your PC has a USERS directory you will have to locate which user owns the program and delete it from there.
    NOTE: Don't forget to delete the DNA file and subs. Now that btdna.exe is idle and gone you can delete the others.
    Don't forget to send a nastygram to Bittorrant.
    Lesson learned "there ain't no free lunch".

    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
    BHoff, Jun 22, 2008
  7. caroline

    BDOG1963

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    thanks bhoff. glad to have that off my machine!!!!

    BDOG1963, Aug 30, 2008
  8. caroline

    Camiron

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks, this was helpful

    Camiron, Sep 29, 2008
  9. caroline

    Darkstreak88

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Quick question.

    How do u enter a subcommand? i goot rid of the other files (for good hopefully) but when i try to delete the one btdna file tht has an icon it says :
    CANNOT DELETE btdna: Access is denied.

    Make sure the disk is not full and that the file is currently not in use.

    i also get this pop-up from our virus-protector saying it is trying to acess the internet and when i rite-clik it there is no uninstall button plz help..

    Darkstreak88, Oct 9, 2008
  10. caroline

    Bulletguy

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I first ran with BitTorrent.....no problems. Then after a recent reformat and re-installing BitTorrent, i had problems with this btdna.exe file which kept disconnecting my client during a download and also could not shut the pc down as normal.

    I removed BitTorrent (thinking that was the problem) and installed UTorrent. No difference....same problems only worse! This btdna.exe file was constantly running and i couldn't even open any other websites.

    I've now removed this file but UTorrent won't download at all now.

    Does this file have to be in for a torrent client to work?

    Can anyone recommend a 99.9% safe and useable client to download?

    Bulletguy, Oct 13, 2008
  11. caroline

    jgsyiii

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This is to share my way of removing the BTDNA.EXE WARNING ERROR MESSAGE.

    I have personally removed the warning error pop-up from my pc (Windows XP) by trial and error just after uninstalling the misleading BitTorrent DNA Software downloaded from the internet and here's what i did:

    1. I already had an antivirus/antispyware on your computer... I have the ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.677.0

    2. Click the START on the your menu tab then click RUN.

    3. Type MSCONFIG on the text bar and click OK.

    4. Then System Configuration Utility opens and then go to the STARTUP panel and uncheck BTDNA.exe with command C: Program Files\DNA...

    5. Click OK or APPLY and allow to restart your computer. Make sure you do.

    6. Once your computer reboots and with your Antivirus/Antispyware activated, activate the error message by opening a window (The btdna.exe error message appears when explorer is in use or a folder is currently opened).

    7. Your Antivirus SHOULD detect the virus source file (ESET NOD32 Antivirus detected the virus and placed it to its Quarantine folder).

    8. I opened the Quarantine folder of my ESET NOD32 Antivirus and deleted the file.

    9. The ERROR WARNING that used to lead you to the IE website or make you download the Antivirus 2009 should be gone when opening folders.

    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
    jgsyiii, Oct 15, 2008
  12. caroline

    GOTN56

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Trinidad
    Bullet, I would suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling uTorrent now that you have successfully removed that btdna.exe horror. I had the same issue you did and what I suggest worked for me. uTorrent does not need btdna.exe to run, and I know this because it's not installed with uTorrent but with BitTorrent instead. For this reason I will never use BitTorrent again, only uTorrent and Azereus for me.

    GOTN56, Oct 17, 2008