  1. R S Bridger

    R S Bridger Guest

    Everytime I load BT.Yahoo Broadband homepage I get plug in error. This is the only site that I have problems with. Any other website is fine but as this is my homepage is very disruptive as I can't carry on. Help please

    R S Bridger, Feb 1, 2004

  2. R S Bridger

    Boomer Guest

    [snip the HTML crap]

    What is the error?

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Boomer, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Change your homepage.

    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 1, 2004
  4. R S Bridger

    °Mike° Guest

    1. Please turn off the HTML. This is a text only newsgroup.

    2. This newsgroup (2hoursupport.helpdesk) has NOTHING to
    do with your ISP. It is an international newsgroup.
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/newtonews.html

    3. Please read the following, which will help you when posting
    to newsgroups:
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    4. When you have read (3) above, post back with more details.

    5. My guess is that you won't even see this.

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  5. R S Bridger

    Rob Guest

    | |
    || Everytime I load BT.Yahoo Broadband homepage I get plug in error.
    || This is the only site that I have problems with. Any other website
    || is fine but as this is my homepage is very disruptive as I can't
    || carry on. Help please

    Is it a tiny computer? :)

    Change your home page to a different one?

    Rob, Feb 1, 2004
  6. R S Bridger

    Boomer Guest

    Why reply to me?

    Boomer, Feb 1, 2004
  7. R S Bridger

    Rob Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    ||| |||
    || Is it a tiny computer? :)
    || Change your home page to a different one?
    |
    | Why reply to me?

    Sorry but I wasn't aware that I had done. The quoted text that I
    included was from RS Bridger just as it said at the top of the post.

    Rob, Feb 1, 2004
  8. R S Bridger

    Boomer Guest

    Then you should have replied to him. Not me. :)

    Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
    Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

    Thank you. :)

    Boomer, Feb 1, 2004
  9. R S Bridger

    °Mike° Guest

    That's only because you edited out the quoted text from Boomer.
    The header references show, clearly, that you replied to Boomer:

    Just remember to highlight the *actual* post that you wish to
    reply to -- don't just reply to any post in the thread -- before
    hitting 'Reply Group'.

    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  10. R S Bridger

    Rob Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    | That's only because you edited out the quoted text from Boomer.
    | The header references show, clearly, that you replied to Boomer:

    That is correct. The reason is that I couldn't get rid of the OP's html
    so I used Boomer's reply as a template for my own since it was all in
    plain text. I was not aware it would cause a problem, since I thought
    anyone reading it would see that it was directed at the OP and not
    Boomer.

    If this causes problems in some newsreaders then again I apologise to
    everyone for my lapse in netiquette.

    | Just remember to highlight the *actual* post that you wish to
    | reply to -- don't just reply to any post in the thread -- before
    | hitting 'Reply Group'.

    Well that's what I do 99.9999% of the time. :)

    Rob, Feb 2, 2004
  11. R S Bridger

    °Mike° Guest

    Ok, no problem, so long as you are aware of it. :)

    °Mike°, Feb 2, 2004
  12. R S Bridger

    Boomer Guest

    I don't understand why you couldn't 'get rid of' the HTML?
    I'm not sure what you mean by the above. :(
    :) Winderful.

    Boomer, Feb 2, 2004
  13. R S Bridger

    Rob Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    || That is correct. The reason is that I couldn't get rid of the OP's
    || html
    |
    | I don't understand why you couldn't 'get rid of' the HTML?

    I didn't realise how to do it at the time, and thought that any reply I
    made using that particular window (reply to group after highlighting his
    post) would also be in HTML. That's why I 'borrowed' yours. I've since
    learned it can easily be changed.

    || If this causes problems in some newsreaders
    |
    | I'm not sure what you mean by the above. :(

    I simply meant that in OE the listed posts don't show anything other
    than the sender unless you actively look for the other info such as
    headers etc, and that maybe other readers do, possibly showing who's
    actual post a person replies to.

    In other words if I see a post with 3 replies underneath I don't know
    whether they are following on, each replying to the one above, or all
    three replying to the original post until I open them. If when I open
    one it only has quoted text from the post at the top then I just assume
    it's a reply to him.

    Anyway I fully accept this bollocking but you will have to excuse me
    now, I'm off to read 'OE basics for dummies' again.

    Rob, Feb 2, 2004
  14. R S Bridger

    Boomer Guest

    Thank you for the reply, Rob.

    I'm not an OE/IE "fan" or user so I am just curious about how others,
    like yourself, 'see' and or do things with OE.

    If you are going to use usenet alot I would suggest you get a 'real'
    news reader. :)

    I love Xnews. Many more to check out at http://www.newsreaders.com/

    Thanks for your reply. :)

    Boomer, Feb 2, 2004