    They have an offer for Giganews but it looks over 40 USD a year, what
    alternatives are there? Never had to think about paying for the service
    previously.

    MB, Oct 27, 2014

  2. MB

    Woody Guest

    www.eternal-september.org

    Woody, Oct 27, 2014

  3. MB

    Mark Carver Guest

    Individual.net

    Excellent reliable service, very good spam filtering (unless some idiot
    replies to a spam message in group <rolls eyes> )

    A massive 10 Euros per year, or about 8 quid,

    https://news.individual.net/overview.php

    Mark Carver, Oct 27, 2014
  4. MB

    Ted Guest

    Presumably with the loss of the bt. groups, as they don't appear to be
    listed by eternal-september ?

    Ok, BT's input to these groups has been non-existent for some time now,
    but the peer support was quite useful.

    Ted, Oct 27, 2014
  5. MB

    Peter Able Guest

    news.btopenworld.com only lists 13 binaries, so are you just looking for
    text usenet?

    PA

    Peter Able, Oct 27, 2014
  6. MB

    bert Guest

    Just sent in my comments to BT - and switched all my newsgroups to
    eternal-september. They know what they can do with BTSport when they
    start charging for that too. That's when I will be off on principle. I
    have no complaints about the service but I won't be treated with such
    contempt by any f****** supplier

    bert, Oct 27, 2014
  7. My 2p worth: Albasani.

    Andy

    Vir Campestris, Oct 27, 2014
  8. Become a Plusnet customer!

    Michael Chare, Oct 28, 2014
  9. MB

    7 Guest

    Woody wrote:

    I thought it was blocked by numerous ISPs because of its
    troll friendly policies. 40% of all internet users
    are abused by internet trolls. Companies that run sites like
    eternal-september stinks because they won't deal with
    anything that looks like internet abuse posted by one
    of their customers. So their posts get blocked by ISPs.

    7, Oct 28, 2014
  10. MB

    J B Guest

    J B, Oct 28, 2014
  11. Our Usenet feed should suit your requirements as long as you don't need
    access to binary groups.

    We don't carry the bt. groups, but we do carry our own plusnet. groups
    that are monitored.

    Plusnet Support Team, Oct 29, 2014
  12. MB

    David P Guest

    I thought they were defunct.

    (ducks and runs)

    David P, Oct 29, 2014
  13. MB

    7 Guest

    alexd wrote:

    ?

    Typical trolls like you too stupid to read header information?

    I don't have account with troll friendly site such
    as eternal-september - it stinks and it doesn't
    travel far because its blocked by many ISPs.

    7, Nov 2, 2014
  14. MB

    Kraftee Guest

    It's a pity you slip thru.

    Are you bunking off from school or have they excluded you now.

    Kraftee, Nov 2, 2014
  15. MB

    J B Guest

    I thought *you* were defunct!!!!! ;-)

    Hope all is well :)

    J B, Nov 2, 2014
  16. MB

    7 Guest

    wrote:
    Oh! That implies you are just a stupid internet
    troll and therefore your must read the original post troll and weep:

    7, Nov 3, 2014
  17. MB

    Peter Able Guest

    Perhaps a foolish question, but why not use a by-volume supplier -
    typically a one-off payment of £14 for 25GByte of traffic?

    PA

    Peter Able, Nov 3, 2014
  18. MB

    Kraftee Guest

    Yawn......

    I'll leave the others to play with you.

    Kraftee, Nov 3, 2014
  19. "Peter Able" wrote
    typically a one-off payment of £14 for 25GByte of traffic?

    ?????

    As Mark Carver suggested in thread

    MC> Individual.net

    MC> Excellent reliable service, very good spam filtering (unless some idiot
    replies to a spam message in group <rolls eyes> )

    MC> A massive 10 Euros per year, or about 8 quid,

    I use it and agree

    Michael R N Dolbear, Nov 3, 2014
  20. MB

    Peter Able Guest

    I can't see how this addresses my question, Mike.

    PA

    Peter Able, Nov 4, 2014