    phoned the Help Line I just don't have the will to go there at the moment
    knowing what the outcome will be!!

    Lynn

    Lynn W, Mar 2, 2014

  2. Lynn W

    Graham J Guest

    So why did you choose BT ??

    There are several professional ISPs who would understand your question
    and help you to find out the nature of the problem ...

    Graham J, Mar 2, 2014

  3. There has been a lot of rain recently....

    R. Mark Clayton, Mar 2, 2014
  4. Lynn W

    Lynn W Guest

    I have always been with BT before they outsourced their HelpDesk

    Lynn

    Lynn W, Mar 2, 2014
  5. Lynn W

    Roger Mills Guest

    Good time to change then!
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Mar 2, 2014
  6. Lynn W

    Steve Guest

    After serious thinking Lynn W wrote :
    Don't you just love the BT knockers - very helpful.

    Well, as R. Mark Clayton said, there has indeed been a lot of rain and
    your problems could be due to the weather, or indeed a myriad of other
    things.

    I don't know how techincally competent you are, but if you have a
    HUAWEI HG612 white Openreach modem and you feel up to it, you can
    modify it by uploading new firmware to it, which then allows you to
    monitor the line conditions and statistics and get some very useful
    information. Instructions here http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/

    Steve, Mar 3, 2014
  7. Lynn W

    Steve Guest

    Steve submitted this idea :
    Instructions for unlocking the modem here:
    http://huaweihg612hacking.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/hg612_unlock_instructions_v1-3.pdf

    Steve, Mar 3, 2014
  8. Lynn W

    Lynn W Guest

    Water off a ducks back Steve my husband worked for them for over 40 years in
    charge of the telephone exchanges. Had to operate a lot of the later years
    with their hands tied behind their backs but that's a whole different
    argument and not for here. Just really dislike talking to India as polite
    as they are lol
    Cant understand why on the BT Wholesale speed tester where it allows you to
    go to diagnostics its states the max as 44.92 MB because looking at that I'm
    getting nearly maximum but I know when installed I was getting around 73MB
    I'll have a look at what modem I have it is a white one :)

    Lynn

    Lynn W, Mar 3, 2014
  9. I worked for BT for nearly that long and had a similar "loyalty" for a
    few years years after I left. However, this rapidly faded when they
    introduced the Indian call centre and also when Yahoo took over their
    email service. I switched to Plusnet at that time for a cheaper, better
    customer experience and have stayed with them since, even changing my
    phone service to Plusnet last year when BT put up their prices.
    The irony is that BT now own Plusnet but (so far) are running it at arms
    length. Long may that arrangement continue!

    George Weston, Mar 3, 2014
  10. Lynn W

    bert Guest

    Might be worth switching off the modem and then switching it back on to
    get it to resynch.

    bert, Mar 6, 2014
  11. Lynn W

    bert Guest

    Do Plusnet provide an e-mail service?

    bert, Mar 6, 2014
  12. Yes.

    Rod.

    Roderick Stewart, Mar 6, 2014
  13. Lynn W

    Lynn W Guest

    Thank you for your reply, I have tried that.

    Lynn

    Lynn W, Mar 6, 2014