    and my Ipad which of course is Wi-Fi connected.

    Thanks

    Dave

    Dave Barnicoat, Feb 24, 2015

  2. Dave Barnicoat

    notyalckram Guest

    A USB drive in a HH5 is visible to Wi-Fi (whereas a drive in HH3 was not).

    I have not tried plugging a USB printer in. What should however definitely work is a networked printer.

    notyalckram, Feb 24, 2015

  3. Dave Barnicoat

    Brian Mc Guest

    wrote:
    : A USB drive in a HH5 is visible to Wi-Fi (whereas a drive in HH3 was not).

    : I have not tried plugging a USB printer in. What should however i
    : definitely work is a networked printer.

    I would very much doubt it!

    USB ports on routers cannot be used for anything that needs its own device
    driver (like a printer!!!!). The firmware in the router effectively nails
    the functionality of these ports to work with very simple block structured
    devices (USB sticks and similar) only!

    Brian Mc, Feb 24, 2015
  4. Dave Barnicoat

    Rodney Pont Guest

    My Technicolor TG582n can use it's USB port to drive a printer which
    you can then connect to from other systems on your network.

    See the CLI guide for the printersharing commands. A google search will
    come up with various recipes including:

    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/demon.service/gpH_e9BqgUc

    Rodney Pont, Feb 24, 2015
  5. Dave Barnicoat

    notyalckram Guest

    Not sure about a HH5, but on a Draytek you set it up as a local printer on the PC, but connected to a TCP/IP port. Supported in W7 (and probably 8)

    notyalckram, Feb 25, 2015