    will stick the BT hub on ebay - or the recycle wheelie bin!!

    Suprised the security is not MUCH tighter from BT ... hey ho!!

    Jack

    Jack Ouzzi, Jun 11, 2008

  2. Jack Ouzzi

    LR Guest

    The HomeHub from BT has done WPA2 for ages and the "admin" password was
    changed with firmware 6.2.2.6.E.
    <http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.c...opup_article.php?p_sid=n6FVy_5j&p_faqid=9377>

    LR, Jun 11, 2008

  3. Jack Ouzzi

    Al Reeve Guest

    From the bt.broadband.announce ng
    "
    BT Home Hub: Upgrading your Wireless Security
    Your BT Home Hub already provides a basic level of wireless security
    straight out of the box. This allows you to get set up as quickly and easily
    as possible with a basic level of protection. However this basic WEP
    protection is an older security method and has proven vulnerable to
    dedicated computer hackers who could try to use your BT Home Hub's wireless
    connection to monitor your broadband connection or access your computer. We
    recommend that once you've set up your broadband connection you should
    change your wireless security to WPA and create a new wireless key rather
    than using the Hub's default key. To find out more on how to upgrade your
    Hub's security please go to: http://www.bt.com/help/hub."

    Al Reeve, Jun 12, 2008
  4. Jack Ouzzi

    Jack Ouzzi Guest

    Obviously not updated the literature then!! OR they have sent me an
    old box, I will stick with my Linksys - better the devil you know!!

    Thanks for the replies anyway folks ...

    Jack

    Jack Ouzzi, Jun 12, 2008
  5. Jack Ouzzi

    LR Guest

    What you may find useful is that BT has a newsserver
    news.btinternet.com and it also has newsgroups specific to BT which ,
    I think, can only be accessed via their newsserver e.g.

    bt.broadband.support
    bt.internet.users.broadband.technical

    LR, Jun 12, 2008