    service they would cut me off at some time in April.

    I did not agree to pay but so far it still works. I wonder for how much
    longer.

    Michael Chare, May 30, 2014

  2. Michael Chare

    Mark Guest

    Obviously you have to prepare for it to be cut off at any time.

    Mark, May 30, 2014

  3. I have but so far my efforts have not been needed.

    Michael Chare, May 30, 2014
  4. Michael Chare

    Graham. Guest

    I have been preparing for the demise of my two Freeserve / Wanadoo /
    Orange accounts for about 15 years!

    Graham., May 31, 2014
  5. Likewise a couple of free dial-up accounts with Plusnet that I can
    still use for emergency access if broadband fails. It wouldn't
    surprise me if most if not all ISPs have a few spurious accounts like
    this, which are probably left alone on the grounds that they're doing
    no harm, and to attempt to scan their entire system to purge them
    would probably create problems rather than solve any.

    Rod.

    Roderick Stewart, May 31, 2014
  6. Michael Chare

    Davey Guest

    I wonder if my old at&t account in the US is still active, if the
    'phone line is still there. I still get e-mail messages forwarded from
    it, and the account has been officially closed since November 2010.

    Davey, May 31, 2014
  7. Michael Chare

    Graham. Guest

    They were email accounts linked to dial up Freeserve accounts. Orange
    no longer offer dial up, but the email accounts still work and
    pop.freeserve.co.uk is still valid.

    Graham., May 31, 2014
  8. Michael Chare

    Mark Guest

    IMHO the only way to prepare for such an occurance is to tell everyone
    who sends you emails there another email address and to cease using
    it.

    Mark, Jun 2, 2014