    or my wife in in MSN Groups in IE.

    I have searched and cannot seem to find the cause. Any ideas?

    GJ

    GJ, Jan 19, 2006

  2. GJ

    randomiser Guest

    Yeah. Your machine is b0rked by a bunch of nasties because you haven't
    installed SP2 and/or subsequent patches. FWIW, I've been using a Toshiba
    notebook running WinXP for the last three years and have never experienced a
    blue screen.

    randomiser, Jan 19, 2006

  3. GJ

    Krazy Bob Guest

    Don't laptops have a hidden secure partion on the hard drive where you can
    enter into the bios and restore to factory settings?

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Jan 19, 2006
  4. GJ

    Bret Guest

    Did you untick the box that allows you to see blue screens?

    Bret, Jan 20, 2006
  5. GJ

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Some do,
    My wife's Tecra (different than the OP's) came with ghost images and a
    script to launch them. Great script, lets you keep other partitions, like
    if you installed a dual boot to a different OS or just blow it all away and
    fdisk the entire drive...

    Dave Taylor, Jan 20, 2006