    mail is functioning ok.

    Can the cause be something in DNS settings in Winroute?
    (which I did not change)

    reply, Jan 4, 2004

  2. reply

    John Holmes Guest

    came up with this:
    Clear the internet cache on the machine might help.

    John Holmes, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Crystal ball at cleaners. Can't tell what browser in use.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 4, 2004
  4. reply

    reply Guest

    IE v6.0.2800, completely updated.

    Just found out I can't reach the server anymore with pcAnywhere.

    Maybe this is also a result of what seems to happen on the network after 5
    minutes (http not possible anymore, mail and usenet still functioning).

    reply, Jan 4, 2004
  5. reply

    Unk Guest

    Have you tried powering everything off, and then rebooting the computer?

    How about a DHCP client Release and Renew?
    Checked the settings in http://192.168.0.1 ?

    Try a "Release All" and "Renew All" using:
    Windows98: Run "Winipcfg.exe".
    Windows NT, 2000, XP: Open a command prompt, type: ipconfig

    Microsoft's IPConfig Utility for Windows 2k, NT, XP "Wntipcfg.exe"
    It's exactly like the "Winipcfg.exe" in Windows98
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/wntipcfg-o.asp

    Unk, Jan 5, 2004