    Can the cause be something in DNS settings in Winroute?
    (which I did not change)

    , Jan 4, 2004

  2. John Holmes Guest

    came up with this:

    > After some 5 minutes of normal activity my browser stops opening pages
    > and returns with the error "page cannot be displayed". Other errors
    > are "cannot find server" and "connection timed out".
    >
    > The PC is a client in a NAT-network (Winroute) and has functioned
    > perfectly for more than a year. AFAIK I did not change any network or
    > browser settings.
    >
    > Can anybody shed some light onto his sudden strange behaviour?
    >
    > BTW: other network activity is still functioning, Agent (usenet
    > reader) and mail is functioning ok.
    >

    > Can the cause be something in DNS settings in Winroute?
    > (which I did not change)

    Clear the internet cache on the machine might help.

    --
    Somebody is watching you.

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Jan 4, 2004

  3. On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:18:11 +0100, repl wrote:

    > After some 5 minutes of normal activity my browser stops opening pages and

    Crystal ball at cleaners. Can't tell what browser in use.

    --
    Blinky

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 12:07:46 -0800, "Blinky the Shark" <>
    wrote:

    >> After some 5 minutes of normal activity my browser stops opening pages and

    >Crystal ball at cleaners. Can't tell what browser in use.

    IE v6.0.2800, completely updated.

    Just found out I can't reach the server anymore with pcAnywhere.

    Maybe this is also a result of what seems to happen on the network after 5
    minutes (http not possible anymore, mail and usenet still functioning).

    , Jan 4, 2004
  5. Unk Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:18:11 +0100, se wrote:
    >After some 5 minutes of normal activity my browser stops opening pages and
    >returns with the error "page cannot be displayed". Other errors are "cannot
    >find server" and "connection timed out".
    >
    >The PC is a client in a NAT-network (Winroute) and has functioned perfectly for
    >more than a year. AFAIK I did not change any network or browser settings.
    >
    >Can anybody shed some light onto his sudden strange behaviour?
    >
    >BTW: other network activity is still functioning, Agent (usenet reader) and
    >mail is functioning ok.
    >

    >Can the cause be something in DNS settings in Winroute?
    >(which I did not change)

    Have you tried powering everything off, and then rebooting the computer?

    How about a DHCP client Release and Renew?
    Checked the settings in http://192.168.0.1 ?

    Try a "Release All" and "Renew All" using:
    Windows98: Run "Winipcfg.exe".
    Windows NT, 2000, XP: Open a command prompt, type: ipconfig

    Microsoft's IPConfig Utility for Windows 2k, NT, XP "Wntipcfg.exe"
    It's exactly like the "Winipcfg.exe" in Windows98
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/wntipcfg-o.asp

    Unk, Jan 5, 2004