    Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

    Thanks a lot,
    Roman Zhovtulya

    Roman Zhovtulya, Nov 12, 2004

  2. Roman Zhovtulya

    Pepperoni Guest

    Glophone has Glo2Go Express, excellent sound quality, free peer-to-peer,
    and an instant <voice> message feature is now in beta testing. Buddy list
    and directory is a built-in feature.

    http://www.glophone.com/features
    http://www.glophone.com/glo2go_express
    https://www.glophone.com/store

    The sound quality in my experience is better than I get with XPro using
    Sipphone.

    The user may need to install the regular glophone to sign up for an account,
    but Glo2Go will replace the regular Glophone. The "Bluephone" is free.

    There is virtually no configuration with Glophone. Xlite can be difficult
    (there is a config bug in some downloads).

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Nov 12, 2004

  3. FreeWorldDialup can use the Pulver Communicator which will do what you
    are looking for.

    Len Hightower, Nov 13, 2004
  4. Thanks a lot for the hint.
    Actually, I'm looking for some SIP clients that I can use for free with
    my own SIP server, not the pre-configured software.

    We are currently developing an enterprise VoIP solution and are looking
    for some good clients before we write our own ...

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks,
    Roman Zhovtulya

    Roman Zhovtulya, Nov 13, 2004
  5. Thanks a lot for the hint.
    Can you configure glophone to use your own SIP server?

    What I'm looking for is a free provider-independent SIP client (the best
    option would be a java applet-based solutions).

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks a lot,
    Roman Zhovtulya

    Roman Zhovtulya, Nov 13, 2004
  6. Roman Zhovtulya

    Pepperoni Guest

    I don't think Glophone is configurable, but it is great for peer-to-peer
    communication.

    XLite is configurable, if you have your server running.

    I hope you aren't planning to make yourself rich selling SIP services; the
    competition is massive. Peer-to-peer is free and they are working now on
    interoperability between the various venders.

    For basic communication, even Yahoo messenger now includes voice with their
    instant messenger. Sound quality is quite good.

    Do a search for "java sip". You will find numerous hits.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jsip
    http://java.sun.com/products/jain/SIPAPIS.pdf
    http://community.java.net/communications/
    (check left side links on above site)
    Win2Phone is a 100% pure Java Voice over IP Client for the Windows Operating
    System Source code currently unavailable, will be released within 3-6 month.
    Stay tuned
    https://sip-communicator.dev.java.net/
    http://www.xcad.com/xcad/java_sip_multichannel.html
    http://www.sipcenter.com/sip.nsf/html/Programming+SIP
    http://w3.antd.nist.gov/it_voip.shtml

    Pepperoni, Nov 13, 2004
  7. Roman Zhovtulya

    radoslav_lozanov

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,

    I have sip applet that is tested and working.
    I can give it to you. If you are interested, please contact me on:
    e-mail: (yahoo messenger too)
    ICQ: 58169162
    Skype: radoslav_lozanov
    MSN:

    Thank you,
    Radoslav Lozanov

    radoslav_lozanov, Oct 29, 2007
  8. Roman Zhovtulya

    Hornz2012

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Roman,
    I have been looking for a applet based softphone to configure with my asterisk server. If this is what you say you have will you please send me a link to it.
    Thanks

    Hornz2012, Feb 25, 2009
  9. Roman Zhovtulya

    yves030

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi radoslav_lozanov and Hornz2012

    I would highly appreciate to get the source for the SIP-Applet.
    It would be great to receive a download link.

    I thank you very much in advance,
    yves030

    yves030, Apr 19, 2009
  10. Roman Zhovtulya

    mohic54

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    sip applet

    Hello i'm looking for an SIP-applet to be confoigured with asterisk too. Did you find one ?

    Thank you

    Olivier

    mohic54, Jan 5, 2010
  11. Roman Zhovtulya

    jani12

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello

    Mizutech has a good java applet based client.
    You can check it here: mizu-voip.com/Home/WebPhone.aspx

    The downloadable jar is outdated, but if you write to their email ( support at mizutech.hu ), than they will send a current version.

    It is working fine with asterisx.

    jani12, Jan 9, 2010
  12. Roman Zhovtulya

    nerys

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hope I am not hijacking but this thread is current and appears to be about what I am seeking.

    There are companies where you can get SIP service very cheap. unlimited domestic for $150 for life or $20 a year etc..

    I want a portable phone that will let me use these services. They make WIFI Voip phones but they are expensive and Limited.

    I have seen some very neat looking Quad Band unlocked GSM phones that also have WIFI

    what I am seeking is an APP that will run on these phones (jar java based or something like that?) that I can program in my SIP credentials so I can now have a GSM quad band world phone OR use wifi and my SIP account to make calls.

    is this doable? Is there a simple app out their that will do this? preferably free :) hehe

    Thanks!

    nerys, Feb 23, 2010