    browser nor email client can connect to it. I reinstalled Windows XP Home,
    but that didn't solve it. What could be going on? This is pretty strange.

    Gene Goldenfled

    Gene Goldenfeld, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Fine. So where do I find it? I know there's a place where it shows things
    I've loaded, like Microsoft Clients, and I seem to recall TCP/IP is there.
    I just can't find it again. Thanks.

    Gene

    Gene Goldenfeld, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Gene Goldenfeld

    JabberSmith Guest

    Over 21? It's time to buy the local geek a 6 pack for help.

    You are the first person I ever heard of that reinstalled an OS cuz the
    network was down.

    JabberSmith, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Excuse me, but you ought to learn to read instead of Jabbering (you asked
    for it). The network was not down and I made clear in my posts that it
    wasn't. What's down is my computer's ability to connect to it via browsers
    and email. The idea that something might be wrong with Windows, however
    probably mistaken, came from a few quarters, human and Norton error
    message, and is not off the wall by any means.

    Gene

    Gene Goldenfeld, Jul 29, 2003