Brother MFC 7820N - Brother can't help

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chaudhry Nijjhar, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. Ref: OFFICE/12/2007 Date: 03 NOVEMBER, 2006

    THE TECHNICAL HELP,

    BROTHER.

    ATTENTION: MR. ANTHONY MYCOCK

    BROTHER MFC 7820N
    REMOTE SETUP NOT WORKING

    Dear Anthony,

    Every time I start the PC, I get the message:-

    The Port is already in use.

    If Remote setup is running right now, please close Remote Setup, then start
    PC-Receive again

    (PR002)

    But diagnostic test is all O.K.

    PC Fax receiving icon is missing on the bottom bar where the clock is. But
    when I go to start and click on "PC-Fax Receiving", then the "Brother PC-Fax
    Rx Idle" appears on the bottom bar. Again going to diagnostic test, then
    the bottom two tests Failed.

    Now, if I close the icon PC-Fax Rx on the bar, then the diagnostic test is
    all O.K.

    Does it make any sense to you please? I restarted PC twice but the message
    keeps on appearing.

    Rajinder Nijjhar,

    M.Sc.

    PROPRIETOR.

    Chaudhry Nijjhar, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    Guest

    I've had 'port in use' errors from camera software, Palm Pilot setups,
    etc. If I were you, the first thing I'd try is to close any agents
    that you don't need that are running in the System Tray in the
    lower-right corner of your monitor. Right-click on each one and try to
    exit or close it. Then try your Brother hardware.

    , Nov 3, 2006